Wednesday, October 11, 2006

T-Ball

I feel like I have been slacking on my blog lately and I apologize. Steve and I got in to watching the season DVDs of Smallville, but we finished them a while back. Well, we just got Season 5, so we are watching those in the evening more than being on the computer these days.

Anyway. I have a nachbarin(neighbor) here whose husband is really in to baseball. Baseball is not a sport in Germany at all, but I guess he has had a lot of American friends and just enjoyed the sport. Well, he is affiliated with some youth baseball teams that are just starting, and this year they are trying to get some T-Ball started. They asked us if we wanted to have Steven join, and I was thrilled for the opportunity. He started about a month ago and is really enjoying it. He practices for 1 hour every Monday, and there are only 4 other boys on the team, so I am not real sure what they are going to do about that. His coaches are 15 year olds that play on the youth baseball team. It is funny though, because the coaches love to practice their English with Steven and they do a really good job of speaking to him. They have English classes in school from the time they are young. But this week I was laughing because one of them said "come on Steven" and I guess the others thought that was a cool phrase so the other two boys said "come on Steven" "Come on Steven" when he was already coming. Poor Steven, I think he was a little confused by the commands when he was already doing what they had asked him to do. :)




In the meantime while I was talking to my new German friends Nathan and Jacob where finding something to do to keep themselves busy. They usually just run up and down this path that is right there, and don't cause to many problems. Well this week for some reason, Nathan had found a big mound of dirt out on the field, and he recruited Jacob to roll in it with him. Literally! When they came back over to where I was sitting I was a little surprised. They were covered in dirt. Needless to say, they had a bath right when we got home, but I think they had a good time.


Before the dirt roll


After the dirt roll. I guess I only got a picture of Jacob.

5 comments:

laura said...

I love the picts. For some reason- just the sight of your kids make me laugh. I can just picture Jacob waddling around all dirty- does he still waddle like he did when we saw him last?? I can't wait to see them- and you.

Natalie said...

Jacob is so cute. I bet Steven loved playing T-ball.

Alicia said...

Oh man, I love that picture of Jacob. How cute. Funny that Nathan took him to roll in dirt. I'm glad Steven gets to play an "American" sport. How fun for him. I can't wait to see them again.

Sue said...

I love the picture of Nathan dirty, it made me laugh, I don't know why. I am so happy that you have German friends and can get out and play T ball. How long will it last with the weather? I do remember the naked lady sign in McDonalds, though I didn't until you described it.

Sue said...

I love the picture of Nathan dirty, it made me laugh, I don't know why. I am so happy that you have German friends and can get out and play T ball. How long will it last with the weather? I do remember the naked lady sign in McDonalds, though I didn't until you described it.