Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm Going!!

So.....after much discussion, and changing of plans, I have bought a ticket to New York City! I know I went back and forth on this issue more times than I care to think about, but Steve and I finally figured out how to make it work. I will turn 30 on November 10th and will go to NYC for 4 days on the 16th. I am going ALL BY MYSELF belive it or not, and am going to tour the city with Jessica, who lives there. What am I going to do on a plane for 8 hours with no one to take care of! We will see a broadway show, the statue of liberty, central park, and anything else that she thinks is interesting enough to show me. Steve gets to stay home with the kids and they will have a wonderful male bonding weekend I am sure. I was very nervous before and after buying the ticket because it feels very odd to be abandoning my children and my husband to go have a "ME" weekend. I am starting to get excited though because I am sure everything will be alright. I figure, my youngest is 2 1/2 right now, and we plan on getting pregnant any day now, so if I don't go now I will either have to go when I am pregnant or have to wait another 2 years til the baby is old enough. I will report all of my outings on the blog when I get back. (Yes, I realize that is a month a way.)

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Teresa,

I am SOOOOOOO excited for you to come out here and there are so many things you need to see and places you need to eat. I run into so many people everyday who have traveled the world and everyone says that New York City is the most unique place in the world. It is like you are stepping into another universe when you enter Manhattan.

So what is your preference? Museums, history, famous places from movies, shopping? You name it, we've got it!

Natalie said...

I am so excited for you Teresa. It sounds like a lot of fun and good way to celebrate being 30!

Sue said...

YEA!!! I am so happy for you! I loved NYC just walking around, we didn't do all that much special. I love that you get a vacation with just you and Jessica. 30 was a hard age for me to turn, like I was now a grown up or something (Like I wasn't a grown up with nearly 5 kids. Landon was born right after my 30th birthday.) I would love to be able to join you; we will have just returned home from dropping off Evan.

Sue said...

YEA!!! I am so happy for you! I loved NYC just walking around, we didn't do all that much special. I love that you get a vacation with just you and Jessica. 30 was a hard age for me to turn, like I was now a grown up or something (Like I wasn't a grown up with nearly 5 kids. Landon was born right after my 30th birthday.) I would love to be able to join you; we will have just returned home from dropping off Evan.

Kam said...

That sounds like such a fun trip, and I bet you and Jessica will have a blast together. Happy Birthday (a bit early, but just in case I miss later). My suggestions for your SOLO eight-hour flight:
5. Read a book -- one you can really get into, for once.
4. Enjoy eating your airplane meal without wondering if it's going to spill.
3. Watch a WHOLE movie without any interruptions.
2. Write something... I include that only because you can actually hold a pen and paper, instead of a child.
1. SLEEP! UNINTERRUPTED SLEEP... bring ear plugs and indulge!

laura said...

Teresa- You lucky son of a gun. You've inspired me to do some solo traveling of my own. Remind me of that in about a year. I wish I could be in NY with you two. Have fun.

Alicia said...

I am so glad you get to go to NYC Teresa! You will have a great time. It really is a fascinating city. It will be a whole new world because you are in New York and because you won't be with any of your kids. Enjoy. My favorite part is just strolling through Central Park and watching the people.

I loved turning 30. Unlike you, mom and grandma, I was just starting my "family". I was 4 months pregnant. We had just bought a house. And I had done everything in my 20's that I ever dreamed of doing. I hope you have a fun 30th birthday/year also.