Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Branch Preschool


As one of the Enrichment groups in our Branch we have started a Playgroup/Preschool, and I have been asked to be in charge of it. Today was our first day, and I taught the kids about the letter A and eating good food. It was a lot of fun to plan, and I think the kids had a great time, but I definitely need some more experience. Our group could be as much as 15 kids, and they range in age from 2-6. We are doing it at the church where we have to transport all of our stuff, and it is a pain to use the kitchen. So, it may not be as easy as it could be, but I am excited to do it, and have even decided to keep Nathan and Steven out of school on Wednesday so they can go to American Preschool(aka: English speaking). Today we had apple shakers for snack where you cut up apples and put them in a bag with cinnimon and sugar. (I got the camera out too late, so have a picture of them eating rather than "shaking". They did the shake very good though.)




And then we made Alligator puppets with brown paper bags, and sang a great Alligator song about the monkeys getting SNAPPED out of the tree.




I also decided it was time to teach Nathan how to do big puzzles the other day, so we found a cute 60 piece one in the cupboard and I just handed him piece after piece and told him exactly where to put it. Well, apparently he likes the feel of fitting those pieces together, because he constantly wants to do puzzles now. Luckily a friend of mine left me a bag full of puzzles when she moved, so we have a lot to choose from. Here are two that we did today after lunch. I love puzzles!

6 comments:

Sue said...

The preschool looks great! What a wonderful idea. Do you have more than one Mom stay? Up to 15 would be hard on anyone. Great pictures of the boys and puzzles!

laura said...

15 kids!! You are crazy. Any type of craft with that many would be hard. Good for you!

Teresa said...

Luckily all the Moms stay and help. And our crafts will have to be limited to more simple things, but I am very glad we are doing it.

Natalie said...

I love hearing about all these preschools people are doing and getting good ideas from them. Thanks!

Olson Clan said...

You continue to inspire me !!! You are such a great mommy!! What happened to Vivian's hair?

Olson Clan said...

Forgot to say that I wish Isaac could go to the preschool, he really misses his freinds.