Friday, October 06, 2006

Rock-a-bye

My friend Dawnella taught me the cutest new lullaby which is another version of Rock-a-Bye-Baby. I have been trying to learn it so I have been singing it to Jacob almost every night. Here it is:

Rock-a-bye Baby
Original lyrics by Diane Woolley

Rock-a-bye baby in the treetop
When the wind blows,the cradle will rock.
Close to your head the wee birdies sing,
And blossoms surround you, for it is spring.

Rock-a-bye baby in the treetop
When the wind blows,the cradle will rock.
Sleep in the shade of leaves overhead,
for summer is gentle, sleep in your bed.

Rock-a-bye baby in the treetop
When the wind blows,the cradle will rock.
Bright colored leaves are tumbling down,
For Autumn is here, red, yellow and brown.

Rock-a-bye baby in the treetop
When the wind blows,the cradle will rock.
Snuggle up, baby, snowflakes drift near,
I'll bring you inside, for winter is here.

It is a fantastic version of the song. So the funny story to this is, everynight when I sing it to Jacob, he listens to the first verse and then in a sad voice says "the baby go inside?" and I say "Yes, the baby is going to go inside, just listen." So I sing the second verse and in a voice that is slightly mad now he says, "The baby go inside." and I say, "Yes sweety just listen." Then I sing the third verse and he Yells at me "The baby go inside!!" Then I sing the last verse and he is very happy and content that the baby gets to go inside. It totally cracks me up. Jacob is really a riot.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Your post made me laugh so hard. I love 2 year olds. That is a sweet version of the song. I like it.

Sue said...

I love that song, is that the origial, real version? I can hardly wait to watch you sing it to Jacob

laura said...

Speaking of Jacob- what is on his Christmas wish list? My shopping time is starting to run out???

Alicia said...

I absolutely love that story. What a cute boy. I think the lullabye is much better in that version. I'll have to learn it.