Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The letter B and C

The preschool/playgroup that we started at the Branch has been going wonderfully. I am really enjoying it, and the kids are as well. There have been about 10 kids there every week and we have been able to find crafts and games that work for so many. I taught on B week, and we made Balloon Boppers and danced and played with those for a while, and then for snack we had bugs in a bed which was actually bread, peanut butter and raisins. It was great.


Then Natalie Mungia taught on C week. She glued the letter C on to a paper plate and then the kids decorated the C with popcorn kernels, confetti, and cotton balls. They turned out really cute. For snack we had cheese and crackers. Don't mind the faces they are making. Nathan was just trying to be funny and Steven always has a goofy look on his face for pictures.



We also want to start saying the Pledge of Allegiance with the kids every week. We started last week, but of course most of them had never even heard it before. I am sure they will learn after a couple of weeks. They were quite fascinated though that all of th adults knew it and were saying it all together. If felt good to me to be doing the Pledge of Allegiance again.

We were going to learn about the letter D tomorrow, but a lot of people are sick this week, so we have cancelled it. Instead I am going to have a Halloween preschool at home with the boys tomorrow. I will be sure and take some pictures. I have been horrible at keeping my camera close at hand lately.

No comments: