Thursday, August 03, 2006

Girl Shoes???


I went to Walmart last night, ten minutes before it closed and was late for a Primary meeting. But...Steven needed new shoes. So I looked at the shoes they had and the first ones I found in his size looked just fine to me so I grabbed them, and moved on. This morning I showed him his new shoes, and he immediately said,"Those are GIRL SHOES!" Well, that was a shock to me because that really hadn't crossed my mind. So I looked closer at them, and they are all white, and have little stars on the side (which I hadn't noticed.) So, I guess I will be going shoe shopping again tomorrow for something a little more masculine. :) We certainly don't want any Hughes boys in "Girl Shoes".


When I took the pictures he was embarassed that I was taking pictures of the shoes, and I said, "I want to show them to Laura and ask her if they are girl shoes."

3 comments:

Olson Clan said...

Too cute! Next time you see the Kirkhams try to get a shot of their baby girl, I would love to see her. Still miss you guys.

Alicia said...

So we went out to dinner for Evan's birthday tonight. We all (Landon, Sarah, Evan, Scott and I) had a good laugh about Steven's "girl shoes". We were not laughing at the shoes, although he is right, they do look like girl shoes, we were laughing at Steven's expression in the picture. He looks so annoyed and embarassed. That is hilarious. Poor kid.

Scott B. said...

He was given a Barbie for his birthday a few years ago. Maybe he should just suck it up, and wear the shoes that you were so nice to get. Some people would die to have a pair of girls shoes.