Thursday, August 10, 2006

Preschool at Home

Whenever I feel like it, I enjoy doing Preschool at home with the boys. Actually, for a long time, I would just do it with Steven, but now that Nathan is done with naps and old enough to be interested, we all three do it. We had a down day yesterday, so I got out the preschool stuff, and we had a grand time as always. For anyone looking to do crafts and fun learning with their children the Preschool Curriculum I use is awesome. You can check it out at www.mothergoosetime.com.


To start out we made a GREAT snack. We have been trying to eat a little healthier here in the Hughes home, so instead of getting out the cookies, I came up with these blueberry pizzas. You mix some Splenda (or any sugar substite) in with some cream cheese to your desired sweetness. Then spread that mixture on a rice cake, and top with fresh blueberries. It turned out wonderful. Maybe not as good as a Snickers bar, but still a great sweet snack.

After our snack we made these owl crafts. The theme for the month is things that fly, and this is one of many crafts that we have made for things that fly. The boys got to paint the paper plate brown, and then we glued everything else on. And since my kinder paint set doesn't have brown, we also go to learn what colors mixed together will make brown. Jacob was awake by the time the glue dried, so he held the glue to feel like he was a part of things.

2 comments:

laura said...

Wow. I've got to get on that. I just got called today to say taht Davin got in a preschool I wouldn't mind, but I think I'm going to try it at home again. If it's not working by December, I'll call around and see if anyone has an empty spot to fill.

Alicia said...

That looks like a good time. How fun to get to play preschool with the boys. I bet they love it. One day you'll have to remind me of the website. Right now I get my own free time while Brie sleeps. Ahhhhh.