Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Italy 1

We're Back! We had a wonderful vacation to Italy, and are all happy to be home again. I will tell you a little about our trip. But....I want to put a disclaimer up first, I am not sharing our vacation to make anyone jealous, so you can stop (you know who you are). Everyone is welcome to come and visit Italy, and we will be here to help you on your way. :)


So, we left Thursday morning and drove to the airport in our new car. Not a van, and not a luxurious car, but a second car none the less. The excitement started when we got to ride the bus from parking to the airport. (Well at least it was exciting to Nathan.)

The flight was only an hour which is a huge diffrence from what we are use to now, it was great! We then rented a car and drove to our hotel in Lido Di Salvio. Our hotel was right on the Adriatic Sea, and was quite comfortable.

The first night we went out to dinner in a quaint Italian restaurant. The pizza was fabulous! Then we walked along the main street there, that had tons of people out walking around at 10:00pm which was when we were there. We stopped at a Gelato shop and had our first gelato in Italy. Oh my gosh it was sooo good. The only complaint I had for it, was that it melts a lot faster than ice cream, and the dirty clothes hamper is proof of that.


The next day we got up and headed to Pisa to see some famous leaning tower. I brought the portable DVD player so the boys were content most of the way on our 3 hour drive. The leaning tower is in the middle of a courtyard, that had other cool buildings in it to see, and lots of touristy kiosks.

We enjoyed more pizza, more gelato, and then Steve was able to go inside the tower, and climb to the very top.



Children under 8 were not allowed in, and since Jessica didn't come with us, he had to go up by himself. In the mean time the boys had a major wrestling match out on the lawn.

Then of course Steve and I did our part to try to push the tower back up and make it straight again. I am sure our contribution was helpful.


We then headed back just in time for the boys to fall asleep in the car.

To be continued....

5 comments:

Roger said...

OK, so I am the jealous one. I am glad you had such a good time
Love, DAD

Kam said...

Wow! That sounds like such a fun trip. Cool picts of you guys holding the tower up.

Natalie said...

Well I am a little jealous myself. It looks like an amazing place to be. I love that your boys wrestled in front of the tower. That sounds like something mine would do.

Alicia said...

I know you told us not to, but I really am jealous! It looks like such a neat trip. I would love to see more of Italy than what I have seen. I think my favorite part (so far) would have been that 3 hour drive through Italy. That would have been so neat to watch out the windows and see the country. My favorite quote (so far) is "so we went to Pisa to see some famous leaning tower". That is hilarious that it is just some leaning tower. I'm glad you are back and that we get to hear about your trip and see ALL the pictures. I'm serious, I want to see ALL of them.

Jessica said...

Jealous, beautiful pictures blah blah blah, WHERE IS THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF THE GREAT ITALY VACATION?

Don't hold out on us!