Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Zoo

Well...we finally went to the zoo! The last time we went to a zoo was over 3 years ago in Georgia. So I have been saying that I want to go since the spring, and we finally went. We let Steve work, and went with friends. It was a very nice zoo, even though I had told the boys that we were going to see lions and tigers, and this zoo had neither. They didn't seem to miss them tough. We did see a hippo with his mouth wide open right by the gate like he was expecting something to drop out of the sky into it. It was pretty cool. We have to fit all of our fun summer outings in before it gets too cold here, which looks like it is going to be in about a month.


I lost Jacob for a second, and when I found him, this is where he was. And it is right next to an ice cream stand that we had just got ice cream at. He headed back here to wait for me to buy him another ice cream bar.

The boys were headed off to the play ground and play and I told them all to turn around and smile. I don't know why they are all 5 feet apart.


I don't know if you can tell, but there is a goat here that is laying his head on top of another goat, and they are sleeping like that. Steven stopped by them and said, "Oh their in love." in a matter of fact voice.

4 comments:

Scott B. said...

Jacob is one smart kid. That is where i'd have gone also. Either that or climb inside the Hippos mouth.

laura said...

Wow. We were at the zoo at the same time- on different sides of the world. It looks like the gospel is true everywhere you go, and there are zoos everywhere you go.

Alicia said...

That looks like so much fun. Your boys look cute in their matching hooded sweatshirts. They look like such good boys. I'm glad you get to do so many fun things with them. I love that Jacob went back for more ice cream!!

Natalie said...

Your boys are so cute Teresa! I love getting to see them and see what Germany looks like too.