Friday, November 30, 2007

Our Wonderful Vacation to Virginia

We had such a Marvelous time in Virginia and are so happy that we got to go. It is crazy to me to think the amount of money we spend on tickets and the amount of time we spend on airplanes to go see family for a week or two. But.....it is SOOOO worth it! We love visiting with our families and are so grateful that we have such a good relationship with both Steve's side and my side.
{Here are the boys roughing up Erin}

So we got to VA on Saturday night, and went to bed about 9. Of course the kids were up again at 3am which is what they have done every time so it never surprises me. It is also not all that bad, because my body is just as ready to be awake as theirs so it doesn't kill me to get out of bed. We napped during church and then got to go to Lisa and Charlie's house for dinner. They have 2 wonderful children Daniel and Emma and the kids had a BLAST with them.

Monday's biggest highlight was definitely WALMART. Steve and I were completely overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that is in that store.

On Tuesday we all went to see the dentist! I am so grateful that the boys have teeth like Steve's. He never has cavities and the only cavity from the boys was a tiny one in Jacob's mouth that the dentist filled with no numbing thank heavens. I on the other hand had to get two cavities redone. Oh well, I am used to dental work.
{We are at the dental office that Fran works for, so she got to hold the bebe}
{HAHAHA}

Then Tuesday night when I got back from the dentist Landon and Sarah were there to spend some time with us! I am sooo happy they came. I totally enjoyed there company and it was great seeing them and sweet little Aiden. We went out to Red Lobster with them (which wasn't as good as I remember) and then they stayed over at Lisa and Charlie's house in a small apartment they have downstairs. The next day we went and walked around Colonial Williamsburg in beautiful 75 degree weather. And Landon got to see the school that he almost went to, The College of William and Mary.
{A little trampoline time}
{This is me with my Brick Brownie in Colonial Williamsburg. Mmmmm}

Thursday we had a Marvelous Thanksgiving feast with every person in Steve's family. His sister Kristin, the only one that doesn't live in VA, came from Delaware with her husband John and their 3 girls. It is funny that they are having the girls and we are having the boys. Anyway we took some family pictures which I think turned out great. Then had our yummy turkey dinner, and afterwards Steve and I taught the Hughes how to play Settlers. They took to the game of course and Steve and I were in our element. The cousins all played together wonderfully and are now lifelong friends.
{Lisa with Brandon and Kristin's daughter Hannah who just turned one.}

{Here is all the family. This was taken in Lisa and Charlie's backyard. Isn't it beautiful.}
K, do you like this one better or
this one. Help me decide
{Nana and Papa with their 9 grandkids.}

Then through the weekend we shopped, ate out, and went to a movie and just enjoyed each others company. It was exactly the way a family vacation should be. I was totally relaxed, eating good, and spending lots of money.
{Fat and Happy}

We flew home on Monday. They messed with our first flight out of Richmond and we ended up hanging out in the airport for 6 hours before we boarded a plane for a 1 hour flight, 30 minute layover (which was not enough time to catch the next plane without the little golf cart that picked us up), then a 7 hour flight back home.

So now we are here, and adjusted again. And the only Regret I am having is that I did not take enough pictures. I think holding a baby all the time has affected that. I am having my sisters-in-law send theirs to me though so I will have more.

7 comments:

laura said...

How fun. I hate knowing that you were here and we didn't get to see you. It looks like you had a great time. I LOVE those pictures. Who really has a backyard like that ???? You couldn't pay for a better background. I like the look you standing better, but I like the overall of the squatting one. Everyone in it is smiling and looks great. ONe vote for squatting.

Kristin said...

Hey guys! Great blog. It was so great seeing you guys! I sent along a ton of pictures that I had to your email. I like the pic of you guys squatting, too. But I think they're both really good!!

Alicia said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures of your trip. It looks wonderful. How great to be with family in such a beautiful place in warm weather. It looks and sounds like everyone had a great time.

I think the dentist pics are hilarious, especially Jacob's.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you all in a line, but you are all smiling in the squatting one, so I will have to say squatting, too. I love the dentist pictures, what is in Jacob's mouth?! I am so happy that you are excited to come to visit family; I am trying to figure out when we will see you again. Mom

Jessica said...

I love love love this blog and I am so excited for Christmas!!! I also vote for the squatting one (although I have a major aversion to the word "squatting").
See you soon.....

Roger said...

Great pictures! Did Rod Thornberg take them?

I like standing better than squatting. It looks less like a soccer team.

Lisa said...

My vote is for the squatting also!! Squat on sister! And it's ok that you look like a soccer team, hell you almost are one!!