Tuesday, November 06, 2007

FHE Jesus Christ

Yesterday was Steven's turn to do the FHE lesson, and I was all ready for him to give it on being polite, or respecting adults. But... the missionaries called and asked if they could have Family Home Evening with us, so we decide to invite a friend of Steve's from work over as well. Her name is Tika, and she is from Albany. Steve had given her a copy of the Book of Mormon in Albanian, so we wanted to have her over with the missionaries. Since we were going to have company we decided to think of something a little more spiritual to teach about, and Steven said he wanted to teach about Jesus.
{This one is for you Tawna :-) }

To start off we ate dinner of course. We have to feed those poor elders! I made enchiladas from these new packets they just got here in Germany and they were Fab. I also made sweet corn tomalito, and apple crunch salad. I was telling Steve I think this was the first dinner that we had people over and I made everything. I ALWAYS have Steve either help with the main course or do it completely. So, I was relieved that dinner turned out very good.

To start off FHE we sang "I'm trying to be like Jesus" with Jacob as the conductor. He changed clothes shortly before people came over and I chose not to correct his outfit.
Then Steven stood to give his lesson. First he told us that Jesus Christ is the son of God. Then he told us the First Article of Faith: We believe in God the Eternal Father, and in His Son Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. And we all repeated it with him. Next he told us his favorite scripture story which is about Samuel the Lamanite, and told us what that story taught us about Jesus. That He loved the people and wanted them to repent so they could receive His blessings and be prepared for His birth. Then we played a great Sacrament Meeting match game that Nathan's primary teacher made for him. When they boys got a match they had to tell us what the picture taught us about Jesus. It was things like bread, water, singing church songs, listening during the prayer, etc. Nathan and Jacob needed lots of help when they got a match, so the rest of us were able to participate. We then helped Steven bear his testimony of Christ, and of what he believed.
{Tika with my baby}

When Steven was done we asked the elders if they wanted to add anything, and they shared a wonderful scripture with us. 2 Ne. 25: 26 It was a great evening with the Elders and with Tika .

For dessert we had brownies, and Tika brought over some baklava. Yum. Another successful week.

6 comments:

Roger said...

Way to go Steven, Steve, Teresa and all of the supporting cast!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh my goodness. I am dying. I'm honestly shaking with excitement. You are amazing.
Family Home Evening sounds like a success. I wish I could be there to hear Steven give a lesson, watch Jacob conduct a song in his tank top, eat some corn tomalito, and of course see the missionaries.
They are looking fine as ever! Especially Krey...man, I should start writing him instead of Kimball.
AHHHHH THANK YOU!
I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a GREAT night. My favorite parts would have definitely been Jacob in his tank top and the baklava! All the rest sounds really good too. I think it is so neat that you have some wonderful FHEs and that you have the boys put them on so that they learn. How cool also that you invited a friend. Sounds to me like you guys are the perfect mormon family or something. A good dinner, cute boys, missionaries over and a friend to meet them. Wow. Good for you.

Oh, I'm shaking too. I was so excited to see those DREAMY elders!!! Control it Tawna!

Kristin said...

Teresa, you guys are seriously so inspiring! What great FHE's you're having! I need to pick your brain and get all your ideas. Maybe when you come for Thanksgiving?
Love you guys!

laura said...

Another great one to add to my list. We did the obedience one on Monday, which is definitely needed around here. Everyone loved it. I even got those Friend cut outs off the internet.

Oh, and Jacob is killing me. Everything he does is funny.

Emily said...

Teresa-I'm so impressed with your FHE's! Good job!! You are inspiring me!