Sunday, February 25, 2007

Potty Trained!




Yup, that is right Jacob is potty trained. According to Chrissy Roecker, he could have been potty trained a long time ago (and I agree with her) but I was too lazy to do it. I actually prefer to wait until they are closer to 3. They can do more by themselves, they seem to pick it up quicker, and there just seems to be less mess involved. It was one year ago this month that Nathan was potty trained.

So, anyway here is the story of Jacob. We went to Walmart the other day to do some shopping while the boys were at school. He was walking behind me at a dawdling pace when all of a sudden he says, "STOP! I need to pee." Then he stands still for a couple seconds with an odd look on his face, and then says, "K, I am done." And keeps on walking like there was nothing out of the ordinary about that.

Well, you better believe we went straight to the underwear isle to get some new undies for him to start wearing. He was pretty easy too. With both Nathan and Jacob I just put them in underwear and tell them to tell me when they need to go potty. Well, of course they pee in their underwear the first couple of times, but it is never too big of a mess. Just coming out of diapers, they pee often, so it is never very much. After they have wet in 3 pairs of underwear, I say OK let's put a diaper back on and we will try again tomorrow, and I will wash all of your underwear. Then, I do the same thing the next day. And with both of my boys they have got it down before they get three pairs of underwear wet the next day. Jacob even went to church in underwear today, and did great.

Steven was a different story of course. I think he only had one accident, and he was not quite 2 and a half when he was potty trained.

5 comments:

Roeckers said...

Good Job Jacob!!!

(He was the one asking a year ago to go potty. But I am sure it was easier because you waited.)

Thats great! I agree with the wait, Liza was a pain to train cause I started too early. I don't look forward to training Daniel, although he prefers to poop on the toilet now, I don't look forward to the pee thing. I like the idea of three undies then back into diapers. I will have to try that when the time comes.

Now you have all three out of Diapers you get a bit of a break :)

Alicia said...

Cute buns!! Congrats to Jacob and to you. How cool that you'll have a few months with no diapers at all. Wow.

Sue said...

Yay, Jacob!!! Cute pictures! I think that is great!

laura said...

I love the bootie picture. Jacob is so stinking cute. I am jealous. I started working with Kea this week. She is totally ready, but will just not do it. She goes on the toilet about 10% of the time. I'll have to try the underwear, then back to a diaper thing. We'll see.

Sarah A said...

Hooray Jacob!! I love the underwear pics!