Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fasching a.k.a. Mardi Gras

Today is Fasching! which is the same thing as Mardi Gras in New Orleans. It is also Fat Tuesday I have been told. Which all means very little to me, except now that the kids are in German school they get to PARTY! They got to dress up as whatever they wanted on Monday, and then for today they had a theme for dress up. It was Wild West. So, they could be cowboys or Indians. The boys had a great time dressing up, and these kindergartens really know how to party.

These are the "before" pictures of the boys and our neighbor Ronya (Noelle's daughter from the last blog).



And these are the after pictures. I love the comparison. Nathan was crying when I went to pick them up because his teacher wouldn't give him juice. They only had water for them to drink, and the Germans drink bubble water, which is horrible, so he was thirsty. Poor guy. Steven has his treasure from the party (Nathan's hat full of candy). And the difference in Ronya just cracks me up.



Here are pictures of all the things they had for the kids to play with. The boy on the horse is not anyone you know. :)

They had a great time.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Teresa - that picture of Nathan is HILARIOUS!!! He looks just like Steve! Too funny!!!

Roeckers said...

Love it! I was wondering when Fasching was, and when I would see the boys dressed up.

Love the Nathan-tude! I miss him.

Sue said...

That party looks fabulous! I love the costumes, especially Steven's. Where did you get it? I can't believe the difference in Ronya, she was really decorated! Do they always do western? Why?

laura said...

Wow. I always scroll through the pictures before I read. I saw Steven, then Nathan, and then just assumed the next picture would be Jacob. I looked at Ronya for a minute thinking - Wow, they really got Jacob dressed up good- wig, face paint, etc. Haha!
Every once in a while I feel guilty/sad about not sending Davin to a "real" preschool. This is one of those times. What a fun day for them!