Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentines Day Muffins

I just got done making the dough for some Fabulous Chocolate Banana Bread. I have made this recipe before, and it is great. I have a heart shaped muffin tin, and I am planning on getting up before the boys tomorrow morning, and making them heart shaped muffins for breakfast fresh out of the oven. And since I am ahead of most of you in time, I figured I would share the recipe in case anyone was looking for something fun to do. Here it is:

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup margarine, softened
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 6 bananas, mashed
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup lite sour cream
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.
This recipe came from allrecipes.com (of course), so in case any of you like to look at the reviews like I do, here is the link. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-banana-bread/detail.aspx


And since I have already done a blog with no pictures this week, I will share some lovely pictures of Jacob's binky collection. He collects them as he seems them laying around the house and then says he wants "all the binkies" when he is going to bed.


5 comments:

Natalie said...

Those muffins sound so good. Happy Valentines Day!

Roeckers said...

Between yours and Natalie's Valentine ideas I am at a lack of ideas for tomorrow nights institute class. They both look so yummy and I am in a snacky mood I might decide to make both of them :)

I love that little Jacob!! It must be nice having just him at home these days.

Alicia said...

Perfect! I just brought my bananas that are going bad over to the house that we are babysitting at. The muffins sound DELICIOUS. Thanks for the recipe.

Why do kids love binkis (we call them chupas) so much? I'm grateful that Brie really doesn't want it in her mouth except at nap or bed time, but I just wonder why it's so soothing???? Hmmm. I like that Jacob wants one in his mouth and the others surrounding him.

Teresa said...

So, it wasn't until I read Alicia's comment, that I realized these are not muffins you can make with little notice. I forgot about the week or two waiting time for the bananas to turn brown/black. haha, oh well maybe you can make them next year.

Roeckers said...

or you can just toss them in the freezer I was told that ages them. And most grocery store here sell browned bananas so you might still be in luck :)

BTW I saw your recipe for Corn Tamalitos (SP) on your family blog the other day and we are having that for dinner next week. Making a mexican night out of it. I had forgotten all about that yummy stuff. Dian is excited to have the recipe and we are going to enjoy it together along wiht all the memories.