Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween Party and Pumpkins

Yay, Halloween is almost here. What a fun time of year. We had our Ward Halloween Party on Friday night, and carved pumpkins on Saturday. And what could be worse for a blogger than forgetting your camera at the party?? Luckily my friends were there for me and I have some pictures to post. I still need to get the pics from Dawnella, but the ones I have will work for now.

We have been really into Harry Potter lately. Steve and I have both been listening to all the books, and a lady from work let Steve borrow the movies. So the boys have heard us talk about it, and have been watching the movies. So, I wasn't surprised when they all wanted to be Harry Potter for Halloween. Luckily I am not too particular, so I let them all be the same thing! Haha Steven is in a quidditch robe.
{Do you love the glare? HaHaHa}

{I don't have a picture of Steven at the Halloween party, but I took one the next day with just the glasses. He lost that front tooth on Thursday. }

Brandon wore this little Halloween outfit that Jacob wore as a baby, and then my dear friend Felicity made him a pumpkin hat just like she had made for her baby boy.

Then last night we had friends (Felicity and her husband and son, who will be referred to as the "Hancocks" from now on) over for dinner and pumpkin carving. I swear Steve and I are addicted to having people over for dinner. We can't seem to go one weekend without doing it. I guess it is a good thing that we both enjoy it. We had a great time carving the pumpkins and now I think we are ready for Halloween. Although we have nothing to do on the actual night of, since they don't really trick-or-treat here. Hopefully we will think of something.
{Do you love the knife safety that is being taught. :) I corrected the problem after the picture was taken.}

{I love the stair steps the boys make when they stand next to each other like this.}{This is what Brandon thought of being outside at night in the cold. Although it wasn't very cold}

7 comments:

Kristin said...

What cute pumpkins! And I love that the boys were all Harry Potter. I'm a huge Harry fan! And that stinks that they don't do trick-or-treating over there. Don't they know what they're missing out on? :)

Melissa said...

I know what you mean about a blogger without a camera. I forgot mine at our ward trunk or treat. I love Brandon's little pumpkin hat. What good times.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Now that we have our own home we invite people over more. This week the Tonks family visited 3 times, and twice for dinner. I think we will not invite them over, in fear that they have had enough of the Williams...but when you are further from family, your friends become and extension of your family. I like to think that our friends here have become part of our family!

laura said...

How fun. We just did our pumpkins tonight- which is one of my favorite things to do. My poor kids sit there not knowing what to do and beggin for help, but I can't help them. I get sooo involved in my own pumpkin and try to tune them out while I carve my masterpiece. Poor kids. Good thing they had Bri, T &K here to help them, and to make some delicious pumpkin seeds.

Roeckers said...

Jake took the kids to Harry Potter on Saturday so all day Sunday Daniel was playing Potter magic. It was cute but too loud for church.

We have yet to carve our pumpkin-FHE tonight, and our ward carnival is on tuesday. Hopeful I can remember the camera.

Brandon sure is growing up. you can tell he is one of your kids. He looks like the others, just a little chunkier that I remember Jacob:)

Happy Halloween to you all!

Alicia said...

So cute. I think it is very funny and cute that all the boys wanted to be Harry Potter and you let them. I bet they loved it. They look great. So do your pumpkins. We are attempting that tonight. Hopefully ours turn out as good.

Oh, and Brandon's hat is adorable. I love it. He is always so bright eyed and alert. You have some cute boys!

Sue said...

I love the weekly FHE updates! We should follow your lessons the next week. Dad wants to do Preach my Gospel, which would be great, also. I love the Halloween pictures, the boys look wonderful. Brandon looks so big! I wish that you lived closer so that we could share your lives.