Tuesday, October 23, 2007

FHE Reverence

Monday's Family Home Evening lesson was given by Nathan this week. I just got a new calling in our ward to teach the Valiant girls, and I am thrilled about it. And it has given me the chance to see how Nathan has been acting during Primary. I noticed that he had a little problem with reverence, so as you can guess, that was the topic of his lesson. :)


I took him in the office about an hour before we started FHE and told him this story on reverence. Then when it was time for him to teach he did a marvelous job retelling the story. I was impressed! When the story was over each person got to pick a picture out of a bag, and tell what the part in their picture should be doing when they are suppose to be reverent. This part was straight from the Nursery manual.

earsfeeteyes
arms (colored by Nathan)

mouth (I had the mouth, but looked AWFUL, so you will just have to imagine the mouth. haha)

Then the boys were given one of these situations where they could tell us what they should do to be more reverent:

• You want to tell your Primary teacher something during the lesson. How can you do this reverently? (whisper)

• You don’t know the song your class is singing. What can you do to show reverence? (sit quietly and listen so you can learn the song)

• Your little brother talks to you during the sacrament. What can you do to help him be reverent? (ask him to wait until after the sacrament to talk to you)

• You walk into a room while people are praying. How can you show reverence? (stop and fold your arms until the prayer is over, then go to your seat)

It was wonderful, and we are really enjoying FHE. I am glad we have committed to this, and I plan on sticking with it forever. :-)



(Baby Brandon)
(A rainbow between the multiple power lines directly over our home. )

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome lesson. I have started hosting FHE at my house too and it is also lots of fun. Nathan and Steven look THRILLED about the body parts they are holding.

Anonymous said...

You guys are an inspiration. Seriously. We started FHE a few weeks ago. I guess it's about time. It's fun coming up with things to teach a 22 month old. We played a game of stop and go so that she will understand what it means when I tell her to stop. She loved it. We learned about sharing and used candy and that made her cry until finally we shared our candy. Last night she colored a picture of missionaries for Evan. So cute. Thanks for the good ideas. Remind me of them in a few years.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I don't even have children and I am impressed. Those lessons look so good. I wish I were there to hear the boys teach.
Some other things:
1. I see your new sandals. I'm very sorry that I stole your nice ones. I hope those are working okay for you.
2. Nathan looks SO cute in those jeans. I love them.
3. I think your next blog should be about having the missionaries over for dinner. With pictures. Just a suggestion.

I MISS YOU GUYS!

Roger said...

My favorite part of your blog was seeing how the rainbow accentuates the beauty of the power lines bringing light, heat and hope to the homes of millions of Germans.

We had FHE too...about a month ago.

Sue said...

I love that you are sharing your FHE! Brandon is so cute! The boys look older than when we were there.
Great job!

laura said...

We will be stealing that idea. Our poor kids mostly get lessons from the Friend or just off of some picture. What a great way to include everyone. I love that picture of Brandon- where did you get him???? He doesn't look like anyone to me.

Melissa said...

I just started FHE this week, and am so excited about it. For the next six weeks we are having a lesson on Pres. Hinkleys 6 Be's. Sophia enjoyed it so much she asked if we could have another lesson on tuesday.