Wednesday, January 10, 2007

California-Pismo

The day after Christmas Mom and Dad favored us with a wonderful trip to the beach. It was only a couple of hours away, and they paid for us to stay at this wonderful "Cottage Inn" where each family had their own room. And the rooms were beautiful.

These fireplaces were controlled by the heat in each room. So when the thermostat came on, it lit up the fire to heat the room. It was so nice. The boys are getting ready for a bath after their game of wave tag which left them and their clothes sandy and wet.

We started out with a nice lunch together, and then walked along the pier,

This is my sister Alicia walking with Jacob. She bought him this cool shell from a little shop and he was thrilled.


Steve and I with my Grandma


This cool bird just sat there at the end of the pier for most of the time we were there.



Some ventured out in to the water for a nice game of wave tag.



That night we put the kids to bed and continued our tradition of a game of Settlers.

Then the next day, we wanted to go see some tide pools, but it was windy and the waves were huge. So instead we stopped by the water, and most of the family got out and braved the crazy wind to explore a little bit. I personally didn't. I don't know why I wasn't feeling adventurous, but I wasn't so I stayed in the car, and had plenty of company. It was really WINDY!! :)

These are pictures from the morning that we were leaving. We wanted to get one last look at the ocean from the "backyard" of the hotel



And that was the end of our fabulous Christmas vacation with the Allred side. I felt like we were there the perfect amount of time, and Christmas was just wonderful. We miss everyone already, and now I am entertaining the thought of wanting to go back to the states. I just have to work a little on Steve.

2 comments:

Olson Clan said...

I am so glad that you had such a great time and were able to spend time with your family. If one of your "trips" ever ventures this way let me know :)

Alicia said...

It was a great time. How fun for you to have boys that are excited about everything - wave tag, the fire place, shells, etc.