Thursday, January 04, 2007

California 1

JET-LAG is killing us here. We have been going to bed at 3am and sleeping until 3pm, until yesterday when I finally woke everyone up early and have been putting the kids to bed at midnight. I have only got 3 more days to get us over it before real life starts again. :) At least for the boys and I, Steve has already gone back to work.


OK, so now we can go backwards a couple of weeks, just so I can display my pictures. :)
Here is Steve at the airport, making good use of the cart.

The day after we got to California, our wonderful friends the Kirkhams came down from Monterey, where he is going to school, to visit. It was great to see them, even though it had only been 4 months. The kids had a great time together and us adults got to go out to eat while my Mom and Dad took care of all the crazy kids. It was so nice.




Then we did a lot of shopping and visiting and of course playing SETTLER'S. And I didn't get a single picture of us playing games even though that is what we did every evening, including Christmas Eve.

We also took our time getting over jet-lag. Just so you know the significance of these pictures, my boys NEVER fall asleep anywhere but in there beds. So this was very different for me.



Mom and Dad also got a huge Christmas tree this year, and it wasn't totally decorated when we got there. Which allowed us to finish the decorations. I went shopping with my sister while they decorated and left Steve with the camera. When I looked at the pictures he took, 90% of them where of my niece Kea who is adorable. I guess Steve is ready for a little girl huh?


2 comments:

Roeckers said...

We can't believe how much the Kirkham kids have grown up. The baby is no longer a baby! And little Abby looks like a little lady! Thanks for posting pics, it is fun to see them again.

Anonymous said...

What a great Christmas! Natalie told us you would all be together and said surely we could do it next year if you guys were able to all get together this year. Happy New Year!