Monday, January 08, 2007

California- Christmas!

So, keeping up with our current life, we actually got up and I got the boys to school today. And we were only half an hour late! Not bad huh. That was after laying in bed for a while thinking, do they really HAVE to go to school today. But I finally decided we had used all of our allotted time to get back to a normal schedule, so we went. And the boys went to bed at regular time tonight.

Christmas in California was fabulous. There was only one brother out of 9 siblings that was not able to come to Mom's house for Christmas this year, and that is because he is serving a mission in Washington State. So we were all OK with his excuse. There are also 4 spouses and 8 kids that have joined us. And it was so nice to be all together. Plus we got to talk to Evan (the missionary)on Christmas day, which was very nice.

Santa set up the presents beautifully for the kids. I feel bad because since we have been traveling so far for Christmases my kids don't think of their Santa presents as the BIG presents that I remember getting from Santa. He has to stick with presents that can fit nicely in a suitcase. But I also think that being with family on Christmas is part of their big present, so I guess it is not too bad.

Christmas morning was also wonderful. We all got comfortable and opened presents one by one, which didn't seem as drawn out as I thought it was going to be. Maybe for 2 reasons, 1. we stopped for our annual Christmas breakfast of quiche half way through, and 2. opening presents has always taken forever. With 9 kids each opening one at a time, I don't think it ever took under 2 hours and this only took 3.


The boys loved their chocolate first thing in the morning.


One of the things I got Nathan was playdoh with playdoh toys, and the kids seemed to really enjoy that after the presents were done.

I must also say, I have some of the cutest nieces and nephews around, so here are some pictures of their cute little faces.

Krista and Blake Skinner


Bryce with Blake and Kea


Brielle Buchanan


Landon and Aiden


Davin, Kea, Nathan and Jacob on the bed watching a movie

3 comments:

laura said...

Oh- I miss you guys already. Please move back. Davin always wants to know why we can't ever go to Steven's house. Some day...

Alicia said...

Those are the best pictures of all the kids. Your boys crack me up! Jacob has a mouthful of chocolate first thing Christmas morning. Good man.

Anonymous said...

All the Allred grandchildren are so cute! You can seriously see all the parents in their children- I love it.