Sunday, January 07, 2007

California 2

It has now been a week since we got back to Germany, and today was the first day we got up before 11 so that we could get to church on time. I did put the kids to bed at 9pm tonight though, so hopefully they will be ready to go back to Kindergarten tomorrow. WooHoo!

So, our next adventure in California was to go see some Christmas lights. They did a great job with them, and I am glad we got to go.

My sister Laura with 2 of her kids, and my kids.

This picture of us is kind of blury, but I still think it is cute.

Jacob is all bundled up and ready to go. Even though it was in the 40's. haha

Then on the 23rd we had a Proctor family Christmas party which I just love that I have been able to be at for the past 2 years. This is my Mom's side of the family who we were very close to when we were growing up, and Mom and all her sisters have stayed in California, so they try to get as many people together as they can at Christmas time.


It was a beautiful day, and so the guys where out teaching Davin and Steven how to play baseball.



Then on the 24th we had our wonderful Allred family tradition of a Christmas program. This is always one of the highlights of Christmas to me. My Uncle Russ and Aunt Nancy and their kids come over and we have dinner and then we tell the story of the birth of Christ and sing Christmas Hymns that go with the story. When we were young we got to dress up as the people in the story, and now we get to dress our kids up. It is wonderful. Also the Russ Allred family has a wonderful music ability and every year one or more of them sing "Oh Holy Night" which has now become one of my favorite Christmas songs, because they do such a beautiful job of singing it. I just love our Christmas Eve tradition.

Steven as Joseph, Kea as Mary, and Davin as a Wise Man. Nathan was suppose to be a wise man too, but he pulled an attitude on us and refused. Surprise, surprise!

Jacob got the privilege of being the star that the wise men followed. He did a smashing job. :)

5 comments:

laura said...

Teresa- You have to upload those picts to Costco. You have some great ones that I hadn't seen. I am still looking at the picts on my camera quite frequently. The weeks we were all together were SO fun and went by WAY too quickly.

Roeckers said...

Dian says Jacob always was the star of the family, and she misses Nathan's attitude!

I am glad you had so much fun with the family

Anonymous said...

Jacob is so cute! I love seeing your siblings and their children. Your parents have really precious grandchildren. How fun. I wish I could have seen more of you guys while you were here.

Olson Clan said...

I am so glad that you were able to spend the Holidays with your family! Sure does make a difference :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.