Thursday, April 24, 2008

Excitement!!

We are very excited this week.

First off we got our orders for moving. These gave us the go ahead on scheduling a "pack out" date. So the movers will be here on May 26th and 27th, then we go in to a hotel for a couple of days, and then fly into Savannah on June 2nd!! Can you believe it is coming up on us so quickly. It is crazy how short our time here is.

Second, the weather is finally starting to get nice. Yes there is still rain in the forecast, but the temperatures are slowly climbing into the 60's, and the boys played ALL day outside yesterday. I meant to go out and take a picture, but it never happened. They started off by catching snails and making homes for them. They also played with neighbors, got themselves all muddy, and said they built a fort. Perfect. And I didn't even hear much crying or fighting. How wonderful is that.

And third on our list of excitement is........ My sister LAURA is coming to visit us!!! Most of you already know this, but she comes in just 5 days and I am so excited. Her husband Brian bought her a ticket here for her 30th birthday. She will leave her 3 kids for the week, and come here and help me take care of my 4. What a trade off huh? haha Anyway, we have big plans with Laura and we really hope the weather cooperates. I am going to love spending some time with her, and showing her what my life has been like in Germany. Then when she leaves I have 20 days to get rid of what I need to from the house, and our German living days will be over. So happy and exciting, and so sad and memorable.

{Laura with her family}

PS- I read through all of Laura's blog posts last night looking for a picture of her by herself, and couldn't find a single one. Apparently she thinks it would be a crazy thing to do to put a picture of herself by herself on her blog. I did have a couple good laughs when reading some of her old blogs though.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I hope the move goes smoothly and hopefully we actually get to see you someday! Have fun with Laura. That will be so fun to have her there!

Roger said...

We are SO excited to have you closer. We are also sad that your European Vacation has come to an end.
Laura should be there soon!

Williams Family Dirt said...

Sound like fun! I am so happy for you and your family!

Lisa said...

I can't believe Laura is 30! Crazy!