Thursday, April 17, 2008

8 month old

Well, lucky for you all, I have found something I can blog about. Brandon turned 8 months today (April 17th), so I will tell you a little about him. I of course am enjoying him tremendously. I sometimes feel bad about saying this, but my favorite age with my children has been from the time they are born until they are about 2. I feel bad because they are already out of my favorite age stage before they even know what is going on. I just love having a baby! So, I took some pictures of our youngest today to show you what a big boy he is getting to be.

{He has figured out how to pull himself up on things which has made naptime more interesting}
{You gotta click to see how much he weighs. My scale is in kilos, so remember 1 kilo equals 2.2lbs}{And since he is a pro at crawling now, he gets himself into some pretty fun situations. He pulled the cat water over on himself the other day. Neither of us liked that very much.}

He is sitting very good, crawling all over the place, he has 2 new teeth as of last week, he's been saying dadada for a while now, and for the first time today I heard him say mamama. He goes to bed about 7:30 but for some reason has been getting up at 6:15am for the past 4 to 5 weeks. I don't like that so much. I think it may be because of the sun which will continue to come up earlier and earlier.

When we have family prayer, Brandon's favorite thing to do is climb on this broken dresser and pull out all the clothes. It is actually a perfect toy for him, because it is easy to climb up and since the drawers are all messed up they don't pinch his fingers. The problem is when he squeals and laughs when we are praying. He did that last night, but of course I couldn't video during the prayer, so this is the best I could get when prayers were over. The squeal at the beginning is what he did all during our prayer.



On another note, I have been thinking a lot about the dynamics of my family this week. The other day I came upstairs and all 4 boys were downstairs. I heard the older three making plans to go outside, and as they went they were yelling to each other, "hurry and close the door so Brandon doesn't come out." Of course they were just looking out for his safety, but I got a vision of how his life is going to be with him being so much younger than Jacob. I had 3 boys before Steven turned 3, then I waited 3 years and 3 months before Brandon came. I am just wondering if I am obligated to have another baby for Brandon's sake. And then I will want it to be a boy so he has a friend, and that is probably when the girl will come!

Also, yesterday a friend from Steven's t-ball team had a birthday party and he invited Steven and Nathan to come. Right when I saw the invitation I knew we had a problem since Jacob's name wasn't on the invite. This is a family that we only see once a week so they don't know us very well. Anybody who knows our family would know that you can't invite 2 and leave out 1, that just doesn't work. You can invite 1 and leave out 2, but the other way around is just too sad. Jacob survived of course, he even took a nap in the car. Luckily today is our neighbor Ronya's birthday party and she invited all 3 boys. She is going to have a sleep over, so Steve and I are going out to dinner. :-)

Now for the contest: Who does Brandon look the most like? Steve was asleep on the chair, so he forfeit the picture, but you can choose him if you want. I am going to get a picture of him today.

{Jacob}{Nathan}{Steven}{Me}

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Based on these pictures, I think Brandon looks like Jacob. Very cute pictures, by the way!

Melody said...

I would say Jacob too, but I think it's just because Jacob is the youngest. Based on their features, I think he'll look more like Nathan in the future. There have been pictures where I've thought he looked a lot like Steve. It's hard not having seen him in person. Hey, do you think 1/2 tsp of Benadryl is even enough to do anything?

Roger said...

I love the spotlight on Brandon. He really is growing up to be a great boy! I love watching him grow through your eyes, hopefully we can see him ourselves in the near future. I think that Brandon has your eyes and Steve's mouth (from what I remember). Everyone in the pictures is smiling, so it is hard to tell. I think, of the boys, he looks most like Jacob because of the eyes. Mom

Olson Clan said...

I can't believe he is already 8 months!!! Wow!! Ever notice how other peoples children grow quicker than your own? I would say Jacob based on the eyes also. They are so round and big and beautiful :)

laura said...

I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait. I really can't wait. Actually, I don't think Brandon looks like any of you. Ever since he was born I've thought. I'll let you know though, when I see him in person- in TEN DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!