Saturday, August 04, 2007

Our Week

This week has been pretty uneventful for us. We are just sitting around waiting for the baby to come. The boys are taking their summer break now during the month of August. Steven starts his 1st grade class on August 21st and Jacob and Nathan go to Kindergarten on the 1st of Sept. I am glad Tawna will be here to help with Brandon while I get the boys settled in to this new routine.

Our new ward was so wonderful on Sunday! I am really happy to be going there, and I feel like my responsibilities in the Darmstadt Branch ended just in time. I will be anxious for a calling again soon, but for a couple of weeks it is really nice to just sit and listen to someone else teach me. How selfish huh?

This week we had to run up to the temple to buy some new garments. So, we (Tawna, me and boys) walked around the temple a little and let the boys choose a picture from the bookstore. It is funny because in the states I think these pictures would be like a quarter, so I was surprised when she was ringing them up here for 1.20 Euro. Those are some expensive pictures that will end up bent and in the trash.


We have also been taking lots of naps this week. Steve let the boys stay up late one night to watch Harry Potter, so the next day we were all tired by midday.

And speaking of Harry Potter, we borrowed the first 2 movies from a friend of Steve's at work, and the boys love to watch it! They think it is fascinating, and they love to play wizards now. They all came in to the kitchen like this the other day and they were all holding paintbrushes for their magic wands. I can only assume the sheets were their invisibility cloaks. haha

5 comments:

Sue said...

I liked seeing the temple, we didn't see it when we were there. I love seeing the boys being wizards. I am amazed at the span of generations that love those books. She is a very gifted author. I am very happy that Tawna is there to help you, we are missing her and will be happy to have her home in a month.

Anonymous said...

It's so cute to see Tawna cuddled up sleeping with the boys. I'm glad they are getting along so well. I'm sure they love having Tawna there. I also thought it was hilarious that they all came down as wizards in their cloaks. What a great picture. What funny kids. Good luck with the next kid . . . . any day now!!

Kristin said...

As a huge Harry Potter fan, I think the picture of the boys in their 'cloaks' is absolutly adorable!!! Oh how I wish my girls would play wizards instead of princesses once in a while. Oh well. Goes with the territory I guess! :) Good luck with your upcoming delivery!!

Roger said...

Which one of the wizards is Tawna?

Emily said...

I LOVE the picture of your boys in their cloaks!! How cute!! Hope you are feeling well. Won't be long until that little baby comes!