Monday, August 13, 2007

Due Date!



So, here we are on August 13th, which is Brandon's due date! I went to the Dr. this morning, and he said I am not dilated at all, but it is getting softer?? He monitored me for about 15 minutes, and I had two small contractions in that time. He says we just need to wait for some real strong contractions and I will have the baby. :) I go back Wednesday for them to monitor me again, so we will see what they say then.

I am totally fine with being over due, and am still pretty comfortable. My bones hurt in the morning, and I still hate that a head is by my bladder but other than that things are great. I do NOT want to be induced, and I really think that if I let the baby come when he is supposed to I will have a much easier labor. So that is what I plan on doing. My only concern it that I am up against some deadlines. Steven starts school in 8 days, and I want to be totally involved in that. Which means, baby out and me out of the hospital. This is our oldest child, and he is starting at a foreign school, and the Germans really celebrate your first day of school. So I want Steven to know that we are excited for him and want him to be happy and comfortable.

I am getting the best naps of my life right now while Tawna is here. Most of my pregnancy, I would sleep on our uncomfortable couch while the boys watched a movie. Now I go all the way upstairs, and close the door, and don't get up until I feel like it. It has also been so much easier to be going to the Dr. all the time. It has been such a blessing to have Tawna here!

So, as for now, we are still just waiting. I was 2 days over due with Steven and Nathan, so maybe we can expect something on the 15th? We will see. I will keep you up to date though.

PS- Some pics from this week

{Steve cut Steven's hair and they wanted to see what he would look like with a mohawk. Mohawks are OK for 15 minutes right?}
{"Ginger the cat" is getting bigger, and we are still enjoying her}
{Tawna and I love this shirt that Nathan is wearing, so I took a picture of him. I don't know what that weird face he is making is for, but he still looks pretty stinkin cute. }

4 comments:

laura said...

Oh, I'm so excited. My friend Kristen is due on Weds. and so every time I talk to her, I think of you. She has the same deadlines and concern for school and all that. I hope Brandon comes soon. Also, I'm making his blanket this week. Do you have any color requests or themes you do or do not want. Let me know.

Emily said...

Teresa-you are such a great sport and so patient! Good luck with the delivery that I'm sure will be very soon! I LOVE the picture of Steven and his mohawk! Your boys are gorgeous! Can't wait to see pictures of Brandon!!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

Wow. I knew it. I have been scared to death that you would go over and I would deliver early and our baby would come before yours. I keep thinking she is going to come any day. I want her to wait until September, but I also wanted Brie to wait until AFTER the holidays! I just got back from the doctor and I am dilated to a 1 and you are nothing???? Of course, hopefully I stay a 1 for one more full month. But, I also hope that you start progressing soon and have that baby! I'm getting so excited for you. I am glad that you feel and look great and are having good, long naps while you wait. Speaking of naps . . . off I go.