Friday, May 04, 2007

Baby Names

Alicia and Scott left for Scotland this afternoon, and I hope they make it there safely.
I will be updating my blog here shortly, but I am too tired tonight.
So, for tonight we are just going to discuss names. Steve is on a business trip to Wales, and will be back tomorrow, so I am here alone tonight. Many people keep asking me what we are going to name our new baby boy. I have not thought about it at all!! So, tonight I went on to Google and was looking at baby names. It seems all three of our boys names have been in the top 50 for the past 7 year. So, on that note I should stick with traditional names.

So, help me choose a name. One that is somewhat traditional and fits nicely with the other 3. I have a list I am compiling, and I will share it in a couple of days.

9 comments:

laura said...

Tyler George Hughes

** I really want another boy just so I can use the name George, but in case I don't - it would be nice to be in the family somewhere.
** Say this out loud- Stephen, Nathan, Jacob, Tyler--- It just fits.

Kristin said...

What about the name Ryan? Or Thomas? Or Corey? Or Russ? (These are names of some of John's old BYU roommates) They are common names. Anyway, you'll have to let us know when you decide!

Landon said...

Your boys' names are traditional because they're Biblical. So you could use Michael, Matthew, Daniel, Andrew, etc.

Or just go to the genealogy of Jesus and pick one you like.

Olson Clan said...

I agree with all of the names that Landon listed. Although I am partial to Andrew.

Roger said...

WAIT JUST ONE MINUTE! I thought we had settled this in January when I posted:
Roger said...
The most popular boys name in Bakersfield for two years running is "Angel." So, I recommend that you follow in the Nathan tradition and name your boy Angel Roger Hughes. A girl would be Angel Rogeranne Hughes. Or, Angel Allred Hughes would work for either sex.

It is Biblical to follow Landon's suggestion and it was NUMBER 1!Just say it, it fits.
And, "Andrew" is now an Angel, duuuh!

Natalie said...

I like all your boy's names. Tyler does fit really well, but Daniel, Ryan, and Joseph are also some of my favorites.

Roeckers said...

Charlie and William are pretty popular from what I can tell, but then again so is making up some random name.

I am partial to Daniel :) But whatever you choose it will fit the lil man. You have done a good job so far. Check out your family records you might find one that stands out and suits him.

laura said...

Teresa- What does "a couple of days" mean in German. Here in the states it means 2. I'm waiting to hear your names!!

Bryce said...

I would have to go with peter, and I don't know why. But I have noticed that anything with 2 syllables is going to fit well, so that is an easy solution.