Saturday, March 17, 2007

No more babies (for now)

I was all ready to post a great St. patrick's day blog, but we went to the pub a little late, and there were tons of people there watching a rugby match. Since we were looking for a place to eat and not a place to watch rugby we ended up not spending our holiday at the Irish pub. Oh well.

In other news. It is a big thing to me to realize I do not have any babies right now. I guess the next one will come just in the nick of time. Jacob has been doing Great with his new underwear. He has had no pee accidents since I trained him. He was having issues with the other, but he has figured that one out now too. My only complaint at this point is his timing. He only needs my help in the bathroom when he is going poop, and he only seems to do that just as I lay down to go to sleep. Every day without fail, I will have him go potty, then put him down for a nap. Then I will get on the computer for 5, 10, 15 minutes waiting for him to come out and say he has to go to the bathroom. He never does, so I eventually go upstairs and try to get a short nap. Every day, within 5 minutes of me laying down, it is all of a sudden the right time for him to go poop. OOHH it is driving me crazy. To make matters worse my room is on the third floor and his is on the second. But he is successful in the training, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Also, if you will remember the blog I put up a while ago with Jacob sleeping with 4 different binkis. Well, letting him be in charge of the binki's whereabouts has proved to be pretty unfortunate for him. Within a week or two of potty training him, we were putting him to bed, and we could not find any binki's anywhere. We looked for a while and then just gave up and told him it was lost (which it was). For a couple of nights afterwards, he asked for his binki as he was going to bed, and I still had not found one, and I wasn't about to go buy a new one, so sadly for him, his binki is now history. There has been no fighting or crying for it like there was with the other two. Just acceptance of the fact that he lost it. So, now new undies and no binki. The baby is officially gone.

I am adding a picture of Jacob's green underwear for two reasons. 1. I would still like to give some credit to this Holiday of Green wearing and pinching. 2. Laura gets such a kick out of the feminine looking German underwear. So, I thought she would like to see Jacob's booty in some.

6 comments:

Roeckers said...

too cute...I can't believe you little jacob is all grown up!! Enjoy it for he next few months...no diapers, blnkies, and no sleepless nights (just sleepless naps)

Do you know what it is yet??

Alicia said...

I love the buns pictures. What cute chubby buns!! Congratulations on potty training Jacob. I'm glad to hear that I won't be experiencing a poo smeared all over the house scenario while staying with you like Jessica did with Nathan. Oh, maybe you could you train Brielle while we are there. It would be so much easier than having to change two diapers come September. Think about it.

laura said...

RIght you are. Oh, I love the undies and the chub. I got a good laugh. I am taking a break from potty training Kea. She just doesn't want to and I'm not in the mood to fight. I'll try again in a month or so. Now- any advice on getting someone to stop sucking their thumb???

Jessica said...

Poor innocent Jacob. His green clad buns posted on the internet.

Sue said...

Sounds like yo are having fun at your house. I am wondering when we find out what gender your baby is, too. Congratulations to you and Jacob!

laura said...

YES-- I"ve been meaning to ask. It's about time for your ultra sound. I'm DYING to know what you're having.