Friday, March 23, 2007

Boys, Boys, Boys

Oh Yeah, and add one more boy to that list!

We went to the Dr. today to find out what our next child is going to be and he seems pretty confident that we will be having another boy!! I feel pretty confident that Steve and I are not capable of making a girl. I think we are making Papa Hughes wishes come true though. He was the only boy in a family of six kids, and then he had only one boy in a family of four kids. So, if it weren't for our great ability to produce boys, the Hughes name could have been lost. Now, we are almost guaranteeing at least another generation of Hughes.

So, how am I feeling you ask? Well, I will not lie, I am disappointed, and it makes me wonder why Heavenly Father does not want to send me a baby girl. But....I am not heart broken. I am really excited to have another baby, and I feel pretty confident that I am good at the boy thing. So, there goes hoping, and life goes on. We will love him just as much as our other crazy kids. Steve is thrilled. He does great with boys, and he likes to stick with things he is good at. Plus, he grew up with 3 sisters, so maybe this is all for him. Who knows?

Anyway, here are some pictures of breakfast this morning. I bought matching shirts for Steve and Steven because Steven loves to match his Dad. And this gives you an idea of what I am surrounded by, and it is going to increase by one now.



PS- I am feeling like unless there is a clear sign to me that I should have another, I am thinking this little boy will be our last baby. :)

11 comments:

Roeckers said...

how sad! No girls for Teresa after sending all those girl vibes, Cruel!!

Just one more Teresa...it is bound to be a girl ;)

laura said...

I raced to my computer this morning to see the news. I will admit- I was hoping to see the word GIRL scrolled across my computer. I just can't help but think of a little blue eyed, dark haired girl. But, you do make exceptionally cute boys, so I guess it's nice to stick with what you're good at. We are thrilled to have another boy cousin- a playmate for Blake. Congratulations!!!!

Dian and Kaila said...

that is okay though Teresa because you create the cutest little boys. And they all have very different personalities, it will be interesting to see this little boys personality. But congratulations anyways. And I am with Chrissy on this one, just one more or maybe two more.... it is bound to be a girl.

Roger said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
For Teresa - You are a great mom for a new generation of the Hughes family name, priesthood holders who will spend their lives in service (including missions), and men that will revere and honor you.

For Steve - I can only say that it took the 5th child for the gender switch in the Allred family.

You guys do such a good job with steak, why would you want to switch to quiche?

Kristin said...

Hey Teresa and Steve. I must admit too that I was slightly disappointed for you guys! I was thinking that if this one is your girl, then our next one would surely be a boy. But now I'm scared too! :) Having said that, I want to congratulate you guys! Another healthy baby is great news! Whenever you guys move back to the states, our girls and your boys can play lots together! :) Maybe we can even swap kids for a day! haha! Love you guys!!

Sue said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited to know what it is! A change would be nice, but this is great! Now I can go shopping to the winter clearance sales instead of clean my bedroom! Jennifer Petersen is having her 5th baby this May. They don't know what it is, but she has 4 girls. Maybe you should talk to her.

Natalie said...

Congratulations Teresa and Steve! A girl would have been exciting, but nothing beats a cute little dark-haired Hughes boy. They are the best.

Steve said...

Well, no need to ask if I was pleased. I'm tickled blue. Teresa has had some very interesting theories as to what needed to happen in order to make sure this one was a girl. I told her they were just foolish wives tales. Maybe now she'll believe me when I tell that I know 99.5% of everything and the other 67% I make up!

laura said...

Oh, I forgot to say how OLD Nathan looks. Is it his hair cut?? He almost looks older than Steven.

Alicia said...

First and foremost, Congratulations! I am thrilled to know what your baby is and am so excited for you to have a Hughes boy. You are right, you two are VERY good with boys. Just look at how well you potty train! And your boys are adorable now and will be such handsome, good men later. You will always feel blessed and proud and pleased with them. And one day you will be a great "mother" to their wives. I am very happy for you.
Second,
I am clueless. We are babysitting that family of four kids again this week and I must be really out of it because all day I was thinking, just a few more hours until tomorrow morning and we'll know what Teresa's baby is. Well duh, it's been sitting here for me to read all day. I guess TODAY is Friday. Sorry I'm late.
One last thing - a woman in our ward had girl after girl, but kept feeling like there was a boy that she wanted and that needed to come to her. Well, she said, 13 girls later the boy finally came. She told this at his mission homecoming. Just think about it. That's all I'm saying.

Olson Clan said...

There is also the possibility that the Dr. could be wrong. Who are you sseing? I went to Beeble and he told us it was most likely a boy, boy were we surprised when The 3-D tech at 30 some odd weeks said no, definetly a girl. Not to get hopes up again..... but....

I bet on the other hand it is a relief to finally know and stop wondering.

Congrats! and please keep us posted.