Sunday, November 05, 2006

Carousel Cake!

Last week we had a babyshower for Natalie Mungia, who is due in May for those of you who know her. She is moving to San Antonio on Tuesday though, so we had the shower early for her.

I volunteered to bring the cake even though I don't know the first thing about decorating a cake. :) Well, I was telling my friend Julie this dilemma and I showed her some cutsie animal candy decorations that I had come across at the store, and she came up with this idea. It turned out so cute, and I will totally use the idea again.





She suggested making a 9X13 size cake so we could decorate the ground as well, which was cute, but you could also do a bundt cake or some other circle. Then we used candy canes for the poles, and then attached the candy animals with white frosting.
Cute huh?

3 comments:

Sue said...

Cute cake! What is the carousel top made out of?

Alicia said...

Wow. I am so impressed. That cake is adorable. I want to know how you did the top also.

Teresa said...

The top is made from a dollar store straw thing that goes under you pots when they are hot so they don't burn your table. Then Steven had colored a picture at school that just happened to be the exact same size as the straw thing, so we taped that to the top, and then Julie stuck a cocktail paper umbrella in the middle of the straw thing. :)