Sunday, November 12, 2006

Birthday in Prague

To make my 30th birthday memorable, Steve took the family to Prague for an overnight adventure. Of course if we could have left the boys home we would have, but until Jessica gets here I guess that is out. :) For those that don't know, (because I didn't) Prague is a big tourist city and the capital of the Czech Republic where they speak Czech (go figure). It is about a 4 to 5 hour drive from our home.

So we left Friday morning, and with the DVD player in the car we had a nice drive, with only a couple of wrong turns. Once again, that problem will be fixed with our GPS that we are getting for Christmas. :)

When we got there, we went out for some Czech food, and a piece of birthday cake. We didn't love the food, but we enjoyed the experience. :)


Then we went back to the "hotel" which was actually an apartment. It was very nice, and we all loved it.

The boys slept upstairs.

and this was the downstairs.


The next moring we got ready, and headed up to the place where they served breakfast. This was the street the apartment was on. It was a huge hill.

Here is the view outside our apartment. We climbed up some stairs and it looked like we were on the roof. There was a little patio area there that I swear has been used in movies when they are showing people eating or dancing on the roof. (Steven took this picture, and did not count for us so Steve was obviously not ready.)

It was a pretty cool day, so after some walking we stopped at this outdoor cafe that had big heaters in between every table, and enjoyed some hot chocolate.


Then we walked over a huge bridge where there were vendors selling art. Also there were a lot of people playing music with their hats out for people to drop money in.



And just like every other country we have been in.....no vacation is complete without a stop at McDonald's. We love that place.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Nothing like celebrating your 30th in Prague!! That is so cool. What great things your family is getting to do. I hope you had a great birthday.

laura said...

Wow- what a great b-day. Prague- who would have thought. I didn't think you were bringing the kids, but I guess you have nobody to watch them. I love that you always stop in McDonalds. Are you keeping record of all the countries you've eaten a quarter pounder in? That place you stayed looks awesome. How perfect to rent a whole apartment. Someone needs to come up with that here. I'm glad you had such a great day.

Roeckers said...

Looks like loads of fun. You guys are becoming the regular ol' travelers. Liza loves seeing the boys and still talks about them all the time and them coming to visit her sometime.

Happy Birthday! Hope you have fun in NYC next.

Stephanie said...

I love the hot chocolate photo! You're family may be doing the coolest things ever- lucky ducks.

Scott B. said...

Happy Birthday Teresa! Looks like you had a fantastic trip.

Alicia said...

Wowee Wow! I think that sounds like an INCREDIBLE birthday celebration. How cool to go to Prague! I've always wanted to visit there. It looks absolutely charming. It also looks like you found the PERFECT place to stay. That place is very nice and perfect for your family. I love the hot chocolate picture of Nathan. That is how I looked after some hot chocolate in Paris, although I had it on my neck and ear, just ask Kamber.

I'm glad you had such a good birthday. Happy Birthday to you. Now on to the next celebratory trip!

Sue said...

What a wonderful description of your trip! I felt like I was almost there! Thank you for the details, sounds great!
Have a super time in NYC with Jessica!