Wednesday, September 20, 2006

worth sharing

I have a couple of stories to tell, that I think are worth sharing. First of all we were in the car yesterday and a song came on the radio that I like the beat of, so I turned it up a little even though the lyrics are probably not the most wholesome. Well, it came back to bite me because Jacob walks around the house now saying, "Shakira, Shakira, no fightin'." Luckily he doesn't know the part about the "hips". :)

Also, I took Nathan to school on Monday, and the teacher that he has become friends with that speaks good english has gone on Holiday for 3 weeks. He was having a hard time since we had just had the weekend where he could stay home, and then he didn't have the familiar face there. So after staying for about 15 minutes I was trying to leave and he was following me out the door, and the other teacher who was there was not coming to get him and keep him in. I wasn't sure what to do, when my dear little Steven came out of his classroom and came up to Nathan and said, "Nathan do you want to play with me." Nathan accepted that invitation and they walked off and played together, and turned around and said "I love you Mom." It was so great to see Steven be such a good big brother when he enjoys the games that he plays in his classroom, but came out to help. I hope my children will always be great friends.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Those are the cutest stories. That is exactly what I love to hear. Cute and funny stories about your boys. Jacob could be singing all kinds of things from the radio, I guess "Shakira, Shakira" isn't all that bad. I love Shakira. And how sweet of Steven. Did he notice that Nathan needed help and came to take care of him? Or did he really just want to play? That is amazing!

Sue said...

I love those stories, it makes you seem closer. Yay for Steven! Yay for you for being sensitive to Nathan's needs, too.

Roger said...

I recommend a reprieve for Steven from the duct tape for his actions. Besides, you don't want to duct tape the mouth when such sweet things come out of it.

laura said...

Jacob and I should be best friends. I walk around singing "Hips don't lie" all the time. And Shakira is right- you're hips don't lie. That's great about Steven and Nathan. I have been breaking up fights all week, so it's nice to hear there are kids out there who get along.

Hardy Family said...

i just want to know what you are doing up at 2:30 in the morning - at least that is what time it has on your post HA HA.
Anyway, somehow our kids come through even when we think there is no hope. What a sweet story - make sure to write it down in your journal or the baby books or something.