Saturday, September 02, 2006

Italy 4

Sadly, we are to the last leg of the trip. I wish I could go on and on about the vacation. OH WAIT! I already did that. :) HaHa. You guys said you wanted to see it, so all I am doing is delivering.

On the morning of the second day that we visited the park I didn't really want to spend all day there again. And since it was a bounce back pass, we really didn't feel guilty about not. So, we decided we would spend the first part of the day taking a nice dip in the Adriatic Sea, since it was right in front of our hotel.


Not many other people seemed to be swimming in the water. I mean, we weren't the only ones so I don't think it was unsafe or anything. But most of the Italians were just walking up and down the beach for miles. There were hundreds of people doing that, most just in their skimpy bathing suits. It made for some great people watching.

So we swam for an hour or so and then had a nice nap, which was appreciated by all. Then we went back to the park for the evening. But I have already posted the park pictures.

And........ here are a couple of stragglers.


I found this picture funny, because it gives you no indication of what country you may be in(as far as the snacks go). This could just as easily be taken in Germany or Italy or the U.S. or a hundred other places for that matter. They all seem to have the Pringles and the Gatorade, and then some other American adverstisement all over.

Out in front of our hotel. This was the evening of the first night we went to the park. We wanted to walk around the streets a bit. It was about 9:30pm and Jacob had not had a nap. So he peaceful slept in that pathetic stroller while we took a little stroll.


Hey... he wears the diapers, he can carry them!!!

And that was the end of our wonderful time in Italy. We got safely on a flight home, and were home by Tuesday night. But of course not without getting one last gelato before we left. :)

2 comments:

Sarah A said...

What an amazing vacation!! I loved the last pictures of jacob carrying the diapers- he looks so confused. Very cute.

Roger said...

OK, this is what I see.
1. Letting your kids drink Lipton iced tea.
2. Marking the face of Steven.
3. Making Jacob carry his diapers.
4. Having the kids wash their own shirts at every stop.
5. Explaining naked statues.
6. Letting Steve scramble his brain on the ride.
7. Trying to make Italy and Germany more interesting than Bakersfield.

I am not buying it and I am not jealous - I'm not, I'm not, I'm not.