Monday, March 07, 2011

Our wonderful weekend

Alexander is asleep next to me on the bed, and Brandon is playing the DSI in Steven's room. I have to get the house cleaned up for Fran and Lyle to come today and get to Walmart to prepare for scouts tonight. Do I dare take a minute and write about our wonderful weekend. I think I will!


Nathan Roger turned eight last Thursday and had the privilege of being baptized this weekend. In our ward they do family baptisms, so basically we choose the day and time, and it is a baptism just for Nathan. I really enjoy that because it personalizes it, but it also is more work for me. :-) It all came together though and was very nice. Mom spoke on baptism, and Steve spoke on the Holy Ghost.

My Mom and Dad and Fran and Lyle were all able to come for the weekend, and it was such a blessing to me to have them here.

As part of the baptism program, we had the boys sing "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints." I loved it.

After the baptism, we headed out to eat at Ryan's which is a southern style food buffet. It was a very nice evening.


Then on Sunday morning, we got our newest little one all in white for him to be blessed. Now, I will tell you something. Alexander is a CRY baby! He is a wonderful sleeper, but when he is awake, he loves to hear himself cry. So, I was concerned about the blessing and trying to keep him quiet. But, for some reason he woke up Sunday morning in such a calm and happy mood. He was smiling at people and happy and quiet. I was amazed.

Steve gave him a wonderful blessing which included protection from his four older brothers. I loved the blessing. Alexander squawked a couple of times during the blessing, but not enough to bother anyone.

Once again, all the grandparents were able to be there for Alexander and it was so wonderful. I bore my testimony on those special experiences we have in our lives that help us feel closer to the Savior. From blessings as a baby, baptisms at eight, and the temple wedding that I will go to for Bryce next weekend. To possibly serving a mission as a couple. All wonderful events that are or may be happening in our family.

What a blessing family is and the gospel. It was a wonderful and memorable weekend.

7 comments:

Steve said...

I love the blog, dear. If only you could find some way to hide me from it, I don't like how I look in them! :)

Sarah A said...

I am so happy that I got to see more pictures of baby Alexander. What a beautiful baby. I love the picture of him looking off the camera and kind of smiling. Melt. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. It makes you appreciate all the wonderful blessings that come from the gospel. Congratulations to Nathan on his baptism.

Kristin said...

Precious! Darling! I love love the video of the boys singing. So sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Escondido Hills RS Meeting Committee said...

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful week-end, filled with blessings. It's not always easy, and your family is so beautiful!! (OK-handsome)Congratulations.

Terri said...

The Escondio Hills RS is from Terri. I'm not even on the Meeting Comm, so do not know how it defaulted to that. And I don't know how to fix it. All of Escondido Hills Ward salutes you!

Roger said...

It was wonderful to be with you all. Thank you for your kindness and hospitality.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Wow, what an awesome weekend for you! You have a beautiful family. How marvelous it is to see all those future Priesthood holders! You are an amazing Mom, keep up the awesome work you do! Love ya! So sorry I miss you, I was just in Bako this past weekend. ;)