Saturday, February 12, 2011

Alexander Scott Hughes





Baby Alexander Scott Hughes was born on Jan. 25th 2011 at 5:05pm. He weighed 10lbs 1oz and was 23inches long. He is a beautiful baby boy and we are so happy he is here.

Evan brought the boys to see their new brother at about 6:30pm, so they saw him very soon after he was born. They were all really excited to see him of course and it was all fun and exciting for about 15 minutes. Then they got restless and wild, and having all those people in the delivery room got crazy, so they left and got some Taco Bell for dinner with Evan.

Everyone has said that Alexander looks exactly like Brandon. And I totally agree, but Brandon did not look like him as a baby. What do you think?
{Alexander 1 day old ^}

{Brandon 1 day old ^}
{Brandon 3 weeks old. I think Alexander looks more like Brandon after Brandon got a little older. They do look alike to me in this picture, but not the top one.}

I stayed in the hospital 48 hours this time and in the past I have only stayed 24. I loved being in the hospital. In our small little town with such a quaint little hospital I had visitors all day both days and I thought it was so fun. Alexander would open his eyes for a quick second to see who came in the room and then he went back to sleep so people could hold him. And all of the visitors said, he didn't look nearly as big in person as those pictures made him look. A10lbs person is still a pretty small person.
{My Laurels}


I just went for his 2 week check up and he is now only 9lbs 15oz. He is supposed to be above the birth weight at the two week check up, but he is just not as aggressive of an eater as my other kids have been. He is fine going 4 or sometimes 5 hours without eating. I don't think Any of the other boys did that. I have to take him back next week to check his weight just to make sure he is gaining.

5 comments:

Olson Clan said...

Congratulations!!! I am sure you have gotten this often, but I'll say it again. He looks like a Hughes boy! We alwasy get the same comment and say that we have carbon copy kids :)

Williams Family Dirt said...

So glad you and the baby are doing well! He is a cutie! Love his name, and congratulations.

Sue said...

Fantastic!!! Welcome, Alexander! I wouldn't worry about him not eating too much, he has a ways to go to be small.

Landon said...

Congratulations. I have to say, my favorite pictures are: #3 - where Alexander the Great is too big for the frame, and #4 - where Evan the Nanny is happily standing in the corner. Sounds like it was quite the adventure.

Way to go Hughes family.

Kristin said...

Awww! I am loving all of the pictures! He is such a cutie pie!