Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baby Alexander

{This picture was taken at the beginning of March, not recently, but it is so cute and I don't feel like finding the cord to download the recent pictures right now. :-)

As most of you know who read my blog....my sweet baby Alex is not the easiest of the Hughes boys. He was a PERFECT baby for the first two weeks, and then something went wrong! So, we dealt with it and got frustrated but just assumed that it was our turn to have a difficult baby. Well, he got really bad this week and I was so relieved that I had a Dr.'s appt today for his two month check up. After talking to a couple of friends this week I started to wonder if my sweet child may have this acid reflux that seems to be a lot more common in babies now. As I was telling the Dr. that when Alex cries for more than 15 to 20 minutes he spits up a really curdled, slimy spit up, the Dr. told me that if he is crying for that long he has either got acid reflux or colic. So, he gave me Zantac for reflux to see if we can solve the problem. He got his first two doses today and is such a better baby! It is amazing what medicine can do. Why didn't I get this back in February. I just kept thinking about when Laura was pregnant, and sick and they finally gave her medicine that stopped her from throwing up when she was towards the end of her fourth pregnancy. I just hope that this is not a fluke and he doesn't wake up tomorrow crying again. But for now he is a lovable, baby who is sleeping well once again.

At the Dr. today he weighed 11lbs. 10 oz. and was 24.5 inches. And he is as adorable as ever.

6 comments:

Sarah A said...

I'm so glad you found something that seems to be working! I keep thinking of you and poor crying baby Alexander- I hope that you both are happier now. And he certainly is cute.

laura said...

Poor baby! I hope this stuff works for him. And I agree- modern medicine is fantastic. And he is soooo adorable. Looking forward to June:)

Emily said...

I'm glad you found something that seems to be working. Hang in there!

Alexander is such a cute baby!!

Alicia said...

Wow. Isn't that a miracle. I'm so glad that there was such a simple answer to make him (and you) feel better. Poor guy. It makes you sad for him to think he was hurting so bad. I hope this takes care of him and he continues to be a happier baby. Good luck.

Kristin said...

I love love love that picture of baby Alex! So adorable!

Roger said...

Adorable Alexander.
And, I love drugs.