Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another Great Weekend!


I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Bakersfield recently for Bryce's wedding. He is the fifth child in our family to be married. I am so happy for he and Serena.

My trip started out similar to all my other flying experiences and my flight was delayed two hours. I really can't win with the airlines. This time it turned out fine though. It was just me and baby Alex flying, which I was worried about because he is such a cry baby. He did really well on the plane though, it wasn't until the two hour drive from the airport to home that we ran into a problem.

The weekend was so enjoyable for me. All of my siblings were there for the wedding and it was wonderful to be with them. And I must say, as much as I LOVE my husband and children, it was kind of nice not to have to chase kids around and get them dressed up and make them food. I just got to hold my little baby and watch my sisters and sister-in-law run after their kids. Steve would have been fun to have around though. :-)

So, I got to Bako on Thursday evening, and Friday was their wedding reception. They decided to do the reception before the actual wedding so they could head out after the wedding was over.
(My niece Brielle with Alexander and I at the reception)
(The food counter. They had ice cream sundaes and a chocolate fountain with lots of fruit. Very Good)

On Saturday morning we drove to the Redlands, CA temple to see their sealing. It was such a nice day to be in the temple with them and so much of my family. Aunts, Uncles, cousins and Grandma came too.
(These are the Allred side grandkids minus my boys.)

(I LOVE this picture.)
Sunday was spent at Mom and Dads for a nice family dinner, and then I headed back home Monday. Flight was delayed into Savannah two hours by the way, so I landed at 1am instead of 11pm. I just didn't want you to think that I had smooth sailing on my way home. :-)

2 comments:

Roger said...

We appreciated you being here, especially with your flying record.

laura said...

Do not pretend that it took you two hours to get to Bako from the airport. I'm just glad you made it alive:)
It was a great weekend. The picture of all the kids actually makes me sad. I hate that you are so far away. I would do anything to have you in Bako. We need your boys around. Davin needs your boys around!!!