Thursday, December 03, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME

Way back on November 10th, I turned 33 and I had a wonderful birthday. Steve was out of town for the week, but was just in Augusta so planned on coming home that night. That morning I had playgroup, so I went and spent some time with my friends there. Because of wonderful Facebook, people all over the place know when it is your birthday now. Well, my friend at playgroup brought a balloon and cupcakes to playgroup to wish me a happy birthday.

After playgroup, I had a lunch date with my visiting teachers at a thai restaurant that I had not tried yet. I was already excited to go, but then another friend of my from playgroup offered to take Brandon for an hour so I could go out to eat without him. Yippee! then I was even more excited. So, Brandon went to burger king with his friends, and I went out to delicious thai food with my friends.

Next we came home and took a nap of course. I made something very simple for dinner (can't remember what) and then talked on the phone to family until Steve got home. He walked in the door with a dozen roses, a wrapped present, and a cake lit on FIRE! Those candles were blazing and he is juggling all this stuff while he comes in the door singing Happy Birthday. It was so funny. So, we go in and have cake and open presents. Steve got me a Wii fit! I love it, it is lots of fun to play with, although it doesn't give you that great of a workout.

{I was surprised}
Steven also wanted to give me a present, so when he got home from school, he went in his room and went to work on something. He was making coupons for me to use like clean bathroom, clear table, etc. What a thoughtful gift, I loved it! But this one was my absolute favorite.Haha, I got five of these and I think I only have 1 left.


I had a great day and am grateful to be 33.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

So sweet! I love it when my kids pull my hair...although they don't do it, like, ever!! :)

Roger said...

I am glad you are back to your blog. Brandon's good night song is great, but...
I thought pulling hair got one punished????

laura said...

What a great birthday!! IT sounds like friends and Steve made it really special for you. I didn't know you had a Wii?