Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our Week

The boys have been in school Three Weeks already. Can you believe it? We have all adjusted wonderfully, and all three of the boys are enjoying school. I used last week and this week to clean the carpets in my house. (I did one room a day or every other day) And boy do they look good. Now I can check that off my list and move on to one of the other million things I want to do to get organized or to clean. Ahh the life of a mother/homemaker. I do love it!

So, I failed to mention a very exciting event here in our great town of Brooklet. Every year they have a peanut festival which is a very exciting event for such a small town. Apparently Georgia is a huge producer of peanuts, which I must admit I did not know until we moved to Brooklet. So, we went last Saturday morning (the 15th) and enjoyed the parade and then went to the festival for a little bit. We were lucky because that week had been quite hot and Terribly humid so we were happy that it was overcast with no rain during the parade. A nice treat.

{There is a family in our ward who lives on the main street in Brooklet, so some families from the ward meet at their house for the parade.}


{Army guys from Ft. Stewart}




{Take note of what this tractor driver is doing while he is supposed to be posing in a parade. By the way, most of the parade is of people driving tractors. Some of them were very old school too.}






I also mentioned in Brandon's birthday post some of his two year old habits, so I took some pictures of some of them.

{Since he kept climbing out of his bed, we got him a new one. This lady was selling matching beds that were this toddler bed and a twin bed. Now Jacob and Brandon have a whole new bedroom.}


{Setting the table, with all the silverware in the drawer}


{I wasn't sure where Brandon was the other day, and when I went to find him, this is where he was. He had taken off his pants, and diaper and climbed up, but forgot to get rid of the binky. He is NOT potty trained by the way. }



{A couple weeks ago, I went to check on him at night, and I thought his blanket was completely wrapped around his head. Luckily when I came to get it off, it was just lightly placed over his face.}



One thing that we have just started to do this past week is going on a nightly walk. Steve is making a great effort to lose weight, and he has asked us all to walk/jog with him each night to get some excercise. We are all very much enjoying it, and the boys are loving being able to ride their bikes off of our driveway. Right behind our house is a brand new subdivision that is coming along very slowly. As we all know, people just aren't buying houses right now, so it only has three houses in it right now, and it is quite a big circle. We are able to walk around that with no traffic to bother us. It is like having a high school track right in our own back yard.

{Note the outfit. haha, I didn't feel like putting pants on him, and he does have some crazy colored socks.}




{During one of our walks this week Steve decided to roller blade. It just about killed him, but he never fell down, and he roller bladed the whole time. Way to go dear.}




And here is a picture of Steven with his newest hobby to pass the time.

7 comments:

Steve said...

Ah, to be in the South. We love living here. Only in a Georgian parade can you see the "Sons of the Confederacy" marching. Two words: Good Times.

Sarah A said...

Your parade looks awesome! And I love the idea of walking every evening. And in Georgia you should be able to keep that up almost through the whole winter. I love seeing pictures of little Brandon, he's a cute one.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Busy week!! I love parades, looks like fun!

Kristin said...

Oh, I totally thought that guy on the tractor was picking his nose. When I clicked on the picture to make it bigger, I saw the cell phone. Too funny! And Brandon sure is a cutie pie. I wish Hannah (at 2 and a half) would put herself on the potty. Nope, she's nowhere near ready! :)

Alicia said...

Well, I'm finally back to looking at the computer and loved your post. A parade is always fun and I think an evening walk with the fam sounds so nice. We usually do that on Sunday evenings. What a perfect area you have to walk in since your boys are on bikes.

It's funny to see what Brandon is up to because he is the same age as Ava. Lucky you to find beds for them. We just got back from Ikea trying to do the same thing. We are transitioning Ava from her crib and her room to a twin bed in Brie's room. We'll see how it goes.

Oh, and I'm so jealous that you got all your carpets clean! That is the biggest thing on my list right now. I wanted to wait until we were done with visitors and now we get to have them cleaned. Yea! Can't wait.

Roger said...

We are going to Utah next week. That means that you guys are the only ones we haven't seen this summer. Your blog made me want to come see you again.

Mom said...

Looks like Brandon is ready for potty!! At least he knows what its for! Having 3 older brothers helps with that. Congrats on the clean carpets - sure brightens up a room doesn't it? Love Fran