Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Back To School!!

The boys went back to school on Monday, and I am thrilled. The school year here is a little different than most of the country, but I love it. They have the full months of June and July for summer, and then during the year they have about 6 week-long breaks. I have really enjoyed it, and it lets you travel when the rest of the country is still at school.
Some of these pictures came out blurry dang it!

(Jacob started kindergarten with a nice juicy cold sore on his lip. Poor kid)


(Nathan started 1st grade without his chipped tooth. We pulled it out the night before. Remember the one he chipped in Germany like 4 years ago? Ya, that is finally gone)


(Steven in 3rd grade, and loving his backpack)

Our summer vacation was tons of fun, and we stayed very busy, so it felt like we got a good break.

Jacob started Kindergarten this year, so now I have three in school and one home!! Can you believe. It is so exciting for me, and I can't wait to see what I can accomplish. Although Monday Brandon and I went to Walmart for school supplies, and Brandon cried the whole hour we were in the store!


The boys all loved their first day of school, and were excited to go back again today. They seem to have wonderful teachers, and we once again want to say, we LOVE Brooklet Elementary.

Other exciting news for me is that I was called as the first counselor in the Young Women's at church. I can't believe I am out of primary and going to be tested in a different area. I am very, very excited, but also pretty nervous. I talked to the YW president yesterday, and she was telling me all of my responsibilities. WOW There is a lot that I am in charge of. And right off the bat I am suppose to be going to an activity Wednesday night, but Steve is working a 3-11pm shift for the next two weeks. So, I asked our college age neighbor if she would sit with the boys for me for a couple hours. She agreed, so it looks like I will be able to go. I am thrilled.

5 comments:

Roeckers said...

Congrats!! I am also the 1st Counselor in the YW's. I love it! I am in charge of the activity tonight on budgeting and am a bit stressed out about it. I hope it works out well!

Sue said...

Yay for school! I am happy that the boys love to go and that you love their school, that makes a big difference. Congratulations on your new, exciting calling! There goes your free time, but you will love it.
Mom

Roger said...

Congratulations to you and the boys! Did Steve do anything that we could congratulate him on?

Kristin said...

Awww! Cute pics! My girls start school in just under 2 weeks. Gotta love early school! :) Great post!

Mom said...

Congratulations on your new calling! Better you then me--your much younger and can handle it!! You will love it - do I see YW Pres in your future??? Fran