Monday, August 17, 2009

Brandon is TWO

Well, Brandon has turned two even though he has been a bit of a terror for a couple of months now. Of course he is still a joy to have in our family, but the boy gets in to everything, sneaks out of the house, crys whenever we are in the car because he is asking me for something and I have no idea what, thinks he is potty trained(which is so not the case) and has learned how to get out of his crib before I was ready for him to.

But I am happy to report, he had a GREAT birthday today. He started it off all wrong by getting out of bed at 4:15am. He came in to my room asking for a binky and after I found one for him, I thought he would just cuddle up and go to sleep with me. That wasn't the case, after telling him to go to sleep 15 times I finally took him back to his bed where he waited another half hour, and then went back to sleep. We did get a nice nap today though.

So, the birthday festivities started this evening after dinner. We had our wonderful neighbors over for cake and ice cream. They have one son who is Nathan's age and he loves to come to our house. They are also members of the church, so we have become great friends.



We sang to Brandon, and then had some chocolate cake with butter cream frosting.
Here is that wonderful smile of his.

Brandon was so embarrased from all the attention. It was so funny.


After cake we went in to the family room to open presents, and Brandon was loving it.

The Nielsens (neighbors) gave Brandon a book and a cool little car


He got a sesame street toy from Grandma and Grandpa Allred that he loves!


And from Mom and Dad he got a hammering toy and a two year old race track.




He also got cards from Grandma Great and the Seraydarians. Thank you all so much for remembering the littlest Hughes boy.

Brandon is such a wonderful boy and I am so happy he is in our family. He is talking more and more and I love to hear how he pronounces his new words. He is having a hard time with all of his brothers in school, and has decided that we need to read books together all day. Which has been kind of hard, since I have decided that I want to clean the carpets in the whole house. :) We will be starting a fun preschool group at the church in a couple of weeks, and we will both really enjoy that.

We are so happy Brandon is part of our family!

7 comments:

Christy said...

Your baby is TWO? Wow, where does the time go?

Sue said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRANDON!!! Your party looks great! The race track looks like fun, like a pinewood derby track. I love the USPS, they really do a good job of getting things there on time.

Roger said...

What is it they call it?
The trusty twos?
The terrific twos?
The tremendous twos?
Oh, I can't remember, but you will know soon.
Now they get up in the middle of the night, and when they get older they don't go to bed until the middle of the night.
The joys of parenthood!

Kristin said...

Awww! I'm glad he got the card from us. Glad to hear he had a GREAT birthday! You always do a fabulous job on parties, Teresa! :) Miss you guys!!!

Katie said...

I can NOT believe that your baby turned 2 already. Where is the time gone? Happy belated birthday to Brandon anyway from us!

Katie said...

To Roger : Its the terrible twos! And I´m sure it´s only for boys. ;o)
Teresa, you have to get a girl!

Williams Family Dirt said...

Wow, time flies!!! I can hardly believe he is two already...Happy Birthday Brandon!!