Wednesday, September 02, 2009

9th Anniversary


Yesterday (Sept. 1st), Steve and I celebrated our 9th anniversary. I felt a lot of gratitude this anniversary for all the wonderful things that have happened in my life since I married Steve. Many anniversaries just pass by without much thought, but this one was a little different for some reason. I am so happy in my life right now. I love being a Mom of four boys, I love living in GA, and enjoying the people in this area, I love our ward here, and MOST of all I LOVE my husband. He has done so much for my life that I just couldn't have done without him and has helped me to learn and grow in so many ways. Our wedding song lyrics said

You were meant for me, and I was meant for you.
Nature fashioned you and when she was done
You were all those good things rolled in to one.

And I do think we were meant for each other. I know there are other people we could have each married, but we are a great combination. We seem to be moving at the same pace, and that makes living with someone so much easier.

So, for our anniversary Steve took the day off. Yea! for Steve's endless days off. haha We had a nice day, and then for dinner he made his chicken curry which is one of our favorite meals. We then took a break from anniversary stuff so we could go to a student showcase night at the school. (the kids got to show us some of the work they have done so far this year) We walked to the school, and then took a detour on the way home, and walked around our mile long block behind our house.

When we got home Steve gave me beautiful flowers, and a delicious cake. He even bought a number nine candle to celebrate the number of years. We all enjoyed the cake as a family.

The great thing is... the fun is not over! I have planned a surprise for Steve on Friday that is going to be great. It is not elaborate or anything, I just don't manage surprises very often, so I am excited that this might actually stay a surprise until Friday. Cross your fingers for me.

I do LOVE Steve so much and all that he does for our family. I have confidence in him to lead our family down the path we want to take. He is a loving husband, and a wonderful example to our boys on how a husband and father should be. I am so glad we are together forever.


{the boys}


{bad picture of me. beautiful flowers, and cake}


7 comments:

Kristin said...

Awww! So nice! Happy belated anniversary, guys! And I think that picture of you doesn't look bad. You look lovely! Man I sure did a good job of hooking you guys up, huh? ;) Haha!

Teresa said...

Yes you did Kristin!! One of the best things you have ever done for sure.

laura said...

I thought the lyrics to your weddding song were-
"Let me see that thonggggg."

Steve is a great addition to the family and you two seem perfectly matched. Congrats on nine years. What will you do next year for the BIG one?????

Teresa said...

Laura, you are absolutely right about the lyrics to our song. We had two wedding songs. One was public, and one was a little more private.

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Alicia said...

"Thong, Tha Thong, Thong, Thong!" I'm sure that was it. Happy Anniversary. That was such a nice write up on your life with Steve. You certainly do sound happy and I think that is wonderful. It makes me happy for you. How nice of Steve to do flowers, cake and dinner. So nice. And he looks really good in that picture. I wish I could taste that curry chicken.

Roger said...

Congratulations and we love you all.