Thursday, May 14, 2009

Savannah

Mom and Dad left on Sunday after spending a great week here. We all decided that there is not a whole lot to do (especially when compared to Germany), but we enjoyed each other anyway.

On Wednesday the boys and I went to explore Savannah's river walk with Mom and Dad (Steve had church stuff). We walked along the river


and explored an AWESOME candy store. It was three buildings long and had everything sweet you could imagine. My favorite was the candy popcorn. They gave free samples and it was delicious. Mom and Dad bought us each our own choice of candy. The boys put different candy in their little bag and had a great time. They even remembered to mention the candy store in their prayers that night. :)


(enjoying our purchases)


So an interesting story about Brandon. You know how I left the boys with Mom last August while I went to Hawaii with Steve. Then when I came back Brandon would have nothing to do with me as long as my Mom was around. Well, somehow they have formed a bound even after almost a years time. Brandon LOVED Grandma. He followed her around and wanted her to hold him or hold his hand. It was so fun to see, and I am glad he remember the good care his Grandma took of him. This is them on a ferry ride we took on the water. I am wishing I would have taken a picture of them where wind wasn't involved.


On Friday morning Mom came to my house to watch the boys while I went to a Mother's Day tea party at Nathan's school. His teacher is THE BEST! and she put a lot of time and excitement in to this tea party. It was really neat.


Then Friday night we got a babysitter and headed to Savannah for dinner without the kids. We found a delicious steak restaurant and were able to sit and enjoy ourselves. It was a fun evening, and the kids were all in bed when we got home. PERFECT!

(looks like I could have used the flash. This is the front of the restaurant where we ate.)




(Steve was playing with the camera while we sat and watched the water.)


(And as a special treat....we found the weiner-mobile on our way to the car. Pretty cool huh?)


More to come about Saturday

2 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

I have been to Savannah!! It is beautiful! Glad you had fun with your parents.

laura said...

How fun. It's weird to think that you will see more of mom and dad in May than we will. And then on to June when we will all be together!! I'm so excited.