Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Next Day graham cracker houses

Here are our finished products on the graham cracker houses.

Jacob's


Nathan'sSteven's
Now let me explain a little something..... I had somewhere I needed to go last night, so I left my very capable husband in charge of helping the boys put the candy on these houses. I gave him the 8 bags of different candy to use so the boys would have a variety of things to put on. For some reason of which I have not understood, Steve decided to only get two (of the eight) bags of candy out. So the boys had their choice of jelly bellys or mini marshmallows. When I got home I was very surprised by the lack of variation on the candy and even more upset to see NO CHOCOLATE on them. I still managed to tell the boys they looked nice, but am planning on being home next year for the decorating. :-) Now I have all the extra candy to use on candy trains at preschool/playgroup tomorrow.

Unused chocolate bells and presents.

Another quick story from tonight. Steven lost his tooth today and put it in this German tooth box we have and under his pillow.
When the toothfairy went in tonight to give him his treasure this is what he/she found.

And this is his/her response.
So funny. As far as the eye patch goes, you remember how Steven loves accessories? Well, I found a black eye mask when I was going through our Utah stuff and Steven decided he wanted it. He has worn it every night for a month.

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love the houses!! Even with only two kinds of candy...they look great!
Love the tooth box, and the notes. Steven has great handwriting too. ;)

Christy said...

Ha ha ha! I love this post. The houses - classic.. And the tooth fairy notes? Love it! I bet the fairy laughed and laughed at his note!

Lisa Lou said...

Hallo Familie Hughes! Your boys are quite creative, I love the Graham Cracker houses.
And the german tooth box is great! I remember Steven reading a scripture when bearing his testimony on one of my first Sundays in Darmstadt. :)

Olson Clan said...

Those are actually Grahm cracker Mansions!!!! They look great! The tooth fairy letter is way to cute, especially following Chrissy's post about Liza's letter to the tooth fairy. As far as I remember, our tooth fairy has never gotten a note :( We have a few teeth left to go though, so we'll see.

laura said...

I love that letter. And the tooth fairy's handwriting looks oddly familiar...
Davin writes notes too, but it usually has something to do with getting more money. Steven is a good boy.

Kristin said...

Too cute! Yeah, the 'tooth fairy' handwriting looks an awful lot like Steve's. :) How fun!

Unknown said...

Hey Teresa! I love reading your blog. I found it off of your Dad's blog. What is your email address? I am andrea_gerlach@hotmail.com

Your old friend,
Andrea

Alicia said...

That is so cute that Steven wrote that note for you. And especially funny that he sleeps with an eye patch! Love it. Don't show Brie.

I have the best idea for you. We made gingerbread houses at Rachel's house last night. She has done this a lot with her 3rd grade classes. She had the houses pre-made by actually hot glue gunning the graham crackers to small o.j. or milk cartons. You know the single size little ones? We still did icing everywhere to stick candy on. You can't eat the house, but who really wants the stale graham cracker part anyway. I thought it was GENIOUS!