Monday, November 17, 2008

Too much stuff

You know how I was complaining about this house being a little too small and not having any storage space? Well, that problem just got a lot more complicated. When we moved to Germany our stuff was put into a storage unit in Utah since the company did not move us there. It has sat there for over four years and was just delivered to our house about a week ago. Luckily we had Alicia and Scott there to take care of things in Utah, so we didn't have to fly out.

So, now our stuff is all in one spot and we have WAY to much of it. We have replaced 90% of what we had in Utah. We did not expect to get a job that would move us back to the states from Germany so we thought we would be using our old stuff again, but tis not so. Now we have the dreadful task of going through all 50 boxes and figuring out what goes where. You better believe we will have the biggest garage sale in town when we are done. And I will be counting the days until I can use the garage for my car again.

On a good note it has been a lot of fun finding some things that I had forgotten about. I found the quilt Gma Allred made us for our wedding and it is now proudly displayed on our bed.
We found the crockpot and it served us well for dinner on Sunday. I even found the infamous jeans Steve wore on our first date. They are a size 32 waste and even though neither of us could fit in to them I really hate to part with them. :-)

In other fun news, Steve and I have decided since we now have a big backyard, and the right to do so, we are going to have a firepit. We actually bought this stainless steel raised firepit so we wouldn't have to dig a whole in the ground and it can be moved very easily. We had family home evening outside tonight where I read a story from the Friend about being a hard worker and serving others like the pioneers and the indians. Then we roasted marshmallows on hangers and had s'mores. It was great and we hope to have many good times with our firepit. Steve has told Nathan that if he gets good marks on his obedience at least 4 days this week, he will take the boys camping in the backyard on Friday. I really hope Nathan is successful, because I don't want to deal with the tantrum if he is not.

4 comments:

Roeckers said...

We built a fire pit out of the side mound of our storm shelter. We love it! You know how we are- we have had people over the past three weeks in a row to use the newer and improved (twice the size of the original). We did two nights of dutch oven cooking and last night was tin foil dinners. The kids love it and I find the sound of burning wood quite relaxing.
It is always fun to be reunited with your stuff. Upon our arrival in the states we actually got to see and use 3/4ths of our wedding gifts LOL
MAN Your boys are getting way too big!! Tell them to stop growing!!

Alicia said...

I'm so glad to see all of that stuff safely delivered to your house. I'm also VERY happy that we could help out in getting it there. And I am EXTREMELY happy that I am not the one who has to go through those boxes and deal with it all. Good luck to you! Were you excited about the little red car? That was the cutest.

I love the fire pit! Love it. That looks so fun. You can have a campfire together anytime you want. That will bring some great family time and memories. Enjoy.

Roger said...

1. I have so many fond memories of your "stuff."
2. I am looking forward to showing Gma how comfortable Whiskers is on the quilt.
3. Be careful with the fire pit - global warming...

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh! That is so fun! Man I would love a big backyard. You'll have to let us know if Nathan makes it to the campout! I hope he does! :) So fun!!!