Tuesday, November 11, 2008

32nd Birthday

Yesterday was my 32nd Birthday and I had a Fantastic day! Steve took the day off of work so he could pamper me, which included taking me out to Breakfast at IHOP with Brandon and Jacob in tow. We had a great time which was easy since breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
Then we went home and Brandon and I went down for a nap while Steve and Jacob put together my Birthday present. After the boys came home from school we did homework and then headed out to dinner at Longhorn's. It was pretty good, but I would definitely have chosen Outback over them if we had one here.

After dinner we came back for cake with cool whip.


Steve gave me 2 white rocking chairs for our front porch which I absolutely LOVE and am so happy to have.
The boys bought me the third book in the Twilight series.
Gma Allred got me a GREAT CD from Voice Male. And I got very nice cards from the Hughes and Mom and Dad with a little something special tucked inside. Thank you all for your kindness.

I really love my birthdays and am not bothered at all that I am getting older. I don't feel older, so maybe that is why it doesn't bother me. One of the best things about birthdays is the calls I get from my family. I got to talk to Gma,Laura, Jessica, Alicia, Mom, and Dad yesterday. And got a voice mail from Lyle. What a great day. And amazingly I actually answered each call and got to have a good conversation with each person without saying I had to go for one reason or another.

The last year of my life has been very fulfilling to me. I have learned and grown a lot which is always a good thing, and so much has changed in my life with our move here to GA. I have had a very nice year indeed.

My Mom wrote her life history for a class she was taking when she was 20 years old and has given me the idea that I want to do that too. I should write a little about my life before I wait to long and have forgotten the younger years. So, that is my goal for this week.

Thanks to all of your birthday wishes. And Natalie Buck you make me laugh that you said, "For some reason I remembered it was your birthday" . You will know my birthday as well as everyone else you know for the rest of your life. It is just one of your many talents. Thanks for remembering.

12 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday, Teresa! I'm glad it was such a great day. I'm so glad you got rocking chairs...that's one thing I so love about Georgia, the awesome porches with rocking chairs. =)

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!! It looks like you had a great day! I love the rocking chairs and who doesn't like going out for breakfast?

Kristin said...

Teresa, I must be the worst sister in law in the world! I am SOOOO sorry I missed your birthday! I knew it was coming in November, but in all my sleep, I must have missed it! I am so sorry! I'm glad to hear my brother did a good job of pampering you! And I'm glad to hear it was a great day! Happy belated birthday!

Natalie said...

Looks like a great day and you are right I will always remember your birthday like a crazy person. I hear the date and my mind rattles off some names- oh it must be their birthday!

laura said...

Ohhh, I love those rocking chairs. I can just imagine you sitting out on them watching all the thunder storms out there. And, I love that you started your day off with IHOP. Great idea- having Steve take off work. I think I will ask for that for my next birthday too.

Olson Clan said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! The chairs look great! I have always wanted chairs on a porch, or a porch swing. That would be cool too.

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday to you! I'm so glad it was such a good day. I also LOVE going out for breakfast. And you got a nap? What could be better.

Those rocking chairs are so cute!! I've always wanted a big front porch like in the south with cute rocking chairs on it. Such a good idea.

Good luck reading Twilight. I'm hoping one day I make it to the end of New Moon.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Teresa! I love your rocking chairs. What a great gift.

Anonymous said...

Teresa!! Happy Birthday!!!! After getting your email, I thought I'd take a second look at your blog. I wish I would have known... you didn't say a word. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. I love how you are so postive about life. Kristi

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!
~Erin

Steve said...

Happy Birthday, Hon.

I said it enough to you on your actual birthday, but I guess I should be making more comments on our blogs.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Wow, I am tardy!! Happy birthday, it looks like you had a fabulous day!