Sunday, September 28, 2008

Some pictures

I am loving the new blog feature that you can have on your side bar that tells you when the last time someone updated was. It is a huge time saver. But I am also finding it to be a little stressful. Laura has one on her blog and I am very conscious of not falling "below the yellow line." (<- biggest loser phrase) I just don't want to be at the bottom of the list because I haven't updated my blog in so long. STRESS. So here are some pictures of us lately. With commentary of course. {We went fishing as a family a couple Saturdays ago, and it was a huge success. The boys loved it because I went and could take them to the swings that were close by the fishing pier. Then they didn't have to sit in the sun waiting for the fish to bite. When a fish did bite, Steve would call us over and we would all get in on the action. This is a sting ray that Nathan reeled in with a missing tail. I think it is disgusting that it is in my house and in his hands. Yuck!}{Here is Steven's catch. I have a better picture of the fish, but I figure you would rather see him in his pirate hat than the fish anyway.}
{Of course the degutting of the fish.}
{Here is Jacob posing with our new avocado tree we got in the mail. }
{Friday night was the Fall Festival at the school and we had a great time. I didn't volunteer to help at it because Steve was out of town and I didn't know what to do with the boys, so I felt bad about that, but we did have a good time. Here is Jacob knocking down the bowling pins for a great dollar store prize.}

{This is a blurry picture of Steven's favorite game. The cake walk. He went around this thing like 10 times and still ended up with no cake. Poor guy. Maybe I will make him one. We donated Monster Cookies to the cake walk.}{Nathan and Jacob on the rock wall the school put up. Pretty cool. Jacob didn't get very high unfortunately}
{Here is Brandon doing that good ole thing one year olds do. This time it was a brand new, extra large roll. I didn't get mad at him, this is just his new thing.}
{See, here he is showing off three things. 1. His new embarrassed face. 2. His new Hawaiian boy outfit that I totally love. 3. How good he is doing at standing. The three other boys, when they started standing, they were walking within a day or two. Brandon has been standing pretty well by himself for a month now, but he still doesn't walk.}
{This is his other expression. His fingers go in his mouth like that all the time.}
{And lastly, I cleaned up for the Home Teachers tonight, so I decided to take a picture of our family room without the boxes. I am as happy as I can be with it for all the junk furniture we have in it, but since it is going to be a while before we get anything better, I guess I better learn to love it. By the way, what do most people do with all the wires that hang out from there TV when it is mounted on the wall. The way we have it is just tacky, but I don't know what else to do with them. }
There, now I am safe on that list for at least another week.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Brandon is seriusly too dang cute! Love all the pictures! Sorry I don't have any advice for the TV wires. Maybe tape them with some white tape? I have no idea! :P

Christy said...

You need to get Google Reader, girl! Then you won't even need to check your sidebar to see who's posted recently.

I love Brandon's thighs, by the way. So cute!

Sarah A said...

I agree that Laura's blog sidebar creates all sorts of blogging stress! But It sure makes looking at blogs a lot quicker, so all in all I like it.

Your boys are darling. But the fish- not so much. I have to admit that I have never been fishing, so I'm just not used to that. But, I adore Brandon's embarrassed face- good job getting pictures of it.

Melissa said...

Monster cookies~Aren't those the really good cookies with the m&m's in them that your mom always used to make?
Junk furniture~before we had kids we bought a couch and an entertainment center other than that every thing else in our house has been given to us, or purchased at a garage sale or thrift store. I wouldn't have it any other way.