Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our new toy!

Steve and I are not usually big spenders. Meaning, we prefer to spend our money on lots of small things, and rarely on big expensive things. Well, as you can see if you have been watching the blog this past 2 months, that has definitely changed. Our big spending is coming to a close though, so that we can afford to keep our home, but we had to go out with a bang, and here it is!


Last Friday we had this Electric Baby Grand Piano delivered to our house and we are LOVING it! I was a little concerned that it was going to be way too big for the room, but I think it looks great. Steve and I are getting lots of practice on it, and the boys are enjoying singing with it. Soon we will start Steven in piano lessons, and hopefully he will enjoy learning. As my friend Suzanne and I were just talking about, piano playing seems to be a dying art. I feel like Mormons used to be such a piano playing people, and now there are meetings all over the place that are begging for someone to play "at least the top hand". My personal goal is being good enough to play piano for my calling hopefully within the year.
After we made the big mess in the house the boys were karate chopping the styrofoam to get it to fit in to trash bags. A definite highlight to their day.

Here is baby Brandon sporting his Big Kahuna T from Hawaii. He looks happy doesn't he.

11 comments:

Roger said...

I love your piano, and that you are loving it. It will be fun to decorate your room with the piano already there and make it look classy. There were some pianos with players on them at Costco, they were $15,000 to over $25,000, to get a player in our piano would cost $6,600. Way to go on a great large purchase.

Suzanne said...

Yay for you guys! What a great purchase. I'm proud of you for setting a goal for yourself that will benefit others so much. You are awesome!

Williams Family Dirt said...

I agree piano is a dying art, and those few of us who can play are stuck in those callings for years!! Until you move somewhere and they don't know you can play, unfortunately the cat is out of the bag and I am frequently asked to step in and play, but at least it is not my calling!

laura said...

That is beautiful! Is it an optical illusion or is it more narrow than mom and dads. I am just picturing Steve on the piano with all the boys around singing "you are my buns, buns".
I love that picture of Brandon. He has changed a TON since we saw him. He looks so much like Jacob in that picture- and I love the shirt. Blake has the same one.
As a matter of fact, Kea is asking to be a ninja turtle. So is Davin. Any ideas for costumes.

Teresa said...

Laura, it is more narrow. It is a baby grand and Mom's is a grand. It is the perfect size.
And Mom after looking at your figures up there, I am happy to announce that ours was just over $2000. We think it was a great deal.

Alicia said...

Wow. You and Kamber are living the same life. You both moved from Europe at the same time. Bought houses, mini vans and baby grand pianos. Congratulations. I think that sounds like a WONDERFUL thing to have. It looks pretty. It will give good family entertainment. And hopefully everyone will learn a skill that is so nice to have. I have been desperate to take piano lessons from a woman in our ward, but I have nothing to practice on. I love that you got this, I wish I had one. Enjoy!

Kristin said...

Yep, I love your piano. Right now we are saving up for one, and we are looking at the same one you guys have. Thanks for the tip! And Brandon is definitely a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

Awesome ... Congrats! Good thing you didn't get the one in Germany ... yours is Beautiful ...

Sarah A said...

Congratulations. I think a house isn't quite complete until it has a piano in it. Aiden just discovered ours and plays every day- your boys will love it.

Roger said...

The real Roger says,
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
We're all in the mood for a melody
and you've got us feeling alright

STEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Kristin said...

Hi there! Thanks for delurking on my blog. :) I'm glad the sailboat sandwich idea came in handy. What is "B" by the way?

Also, I also love your electric baby grand. We have an upright piano in our living room that my grandparents purchased for my mom when she was a little girl. She became a piano teacher and choir director, my dad is a band director, and I have a degree in vocal music (with a minor in flute). So I love that you are keeping the performing arts alive in your family. :)

Now that you have said hello, feel free to stop by my blog and comment any time!