Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Jacob's first day of Kindergarten

Yesterday was Jacob's first day of Kindergarten! That is the last of the 3 things I was concerned about in August. The first was having Brandon, then Steven starting at a new school, then Jacob starting at a new school. So I am very happy to report that Jacob LOVES Kindergarten. I'm sure it helped that he has been there so many times picking up the other boys, but he didn't seem to care at all that I was leaving him there. He was Ready. And he thinks he can speak German so he didn't see that as a problem. It is so interesting to me though, because knowing the boys you would think that Nathan would be the confident "no fear" type of personality, but he cried for a couple of weeks every time I left him at Kindergarten. Jacob who seemed to be pretty attached to me for a while, wasn't phased at all. Needless to say it is a relief.
{It was raining for his first day, hence the umbrella}
{The backpack}
{My two Kindergartners. Do they look only 15 months apart to you?}
{I told Jacob to show me his house shoes and he laid down on the floor for me to get a good look}

And now.... what to do with my TIME. I cannot believe that the 3 oldest are all in school from 8 to 12 every day, and I get to just relax with my newborn. I am thrilled at the possibilities this has opened up for me. I have 4 hours to do with as I please. I can sleep all morning or clean or shop or watch TV, the ideas are endless. It is really a new freedom for me.

And another update on baby Brandon. He is doing wonderfully, and I just love to have him in my arms. He hasn't gotten out much because I leave him with either Tawna or Steve whenever I go anywhere. That is all going to change now though. And right when the weather is getting cool. It was a high of 60 here today, and the forecast is showing that we may not get back in to the 70's before winter comes. I don't know if I am ready for winter, but I guess it will come no matter what.

{The bath}

{He does some crazy things with his eyes}

5 comments:

Natalie said...

What perfect timing to have a baby- when the oldest kids are gone to school. I will have to remember that because there is no way I could do it sooner! I love seeing pictures of your boys. They are just so cute.

laura said...

Jacob looks so cute(and young) to be going to kindergarten. Blake did those same crazy eye things that Brandon does. I think he looks A LOT like Steven in that last picture- Steven as a baby, not Steven now.

Kristin said...

I am blown away at how much Jacob and Nathan look like Steve. Crazy! Nonetheless, they're still very cute! :)

Sarah A said...

I love a confident kid that thinks he can speak a foreign language. Keep up the confidence Jacob! I couldn't believe it was Jacob going to school, I kept reading thinking it was Nathan. But how convenient to have the three older boys in school. Brilliant planning on your part. Germany certainly does have some perks.

Roeckers said...

Your boys are growing up too fast! I love those boys and miss their cute attitudes. Congrats on a empty house. Enjoy the baby!