Thursday, September 13, 2007

Brandon's blessing

As you all know, I am horrible at blogging when I have company. :) Mom and Dad just left yesterday (Wednesday) and I am ready to blog now. The only problem is, I also like the company to take the pictures when they are here and then I just use their pictures for my blog. Dad took a lot, but he didn't have his USB with him, so I will have to use the few pictures that I took.

Brandon was blessed on Sunday so that we could have Dad here with us. It happened to be Stake Conference, so we just went in to the High Council room afterwards to give Brandon his blessing and it was very nice. Steve asked a few people from the old Branch to help him, and he gave Brandon a wonderful blessing. I am so happy that Dad could be here to be a part of the blessing.
{Sorry...... I was in a picture taking mood. :)}

We had a GREAT time with Mom and Dad and are so happy they decided to come and visit us for a couple of days. I really wish the weather would have been a little more cooperative, but they seemed to have had a good time, so I guess it all worked out. Now I just pray that Italy is all they hoped it would be.
{This is a little train ride we took up to a castle when we got off the boat to have lunch on our Rhein river cruise.}


It is crazy to me that my busy summer has come to an end. I remember telling the boys starting in March all of the things we had to do this summer.

First Alicia, Scott and Brielle will come
then Tawna and Krista will come
then Kirsta will go home and Tawna will stay until
Brandon is born
then Tawna will go home
and Grandma and Grandpa Allred will come.

It was a lot to be excited for and now it is all over. But I am happy. I am ready to settle in to a routine again, and get everything in order. And after I get everything put back in order than we can start on our next list of plans.

We get to go see Nana and Papa and all of Steve's family for Thanksgiving, and I am totally excited!
then Nana and Papa will come here for the first couple weeks of Dec.
then Jessica plans on coming for Christmas. (we are crossing our fingers)

I will look back on this year full of fond memories. :)

And now, so that I don't disappoint, here are a couple pictures of baby Brandon.

7 comments:

Sarah A said...

You are officially the cutest family. The picture of you and your kids was great- good job on having darling boys. Your summer sounds busy, and it doesn't seem like things are lightening up, so good luck!!

laura said...

I love the picts. Teresa- You look SO good. I love your hair. I was wrong, Brandon does not look like Steven- but you can still tell he's a Hughes. Looks like fun.

Williams Family Dirt said...

You look great, so awesome that your parents could be there, but heh who wouldn't love the excuse to see a new grandbaby with the added bonus of Europe!! I'm jealous...oh well someday. My hubby may get another position working with a foreign government, we will still be here, but the opportunity to travel will be great...Germany and/or Australia!! So if we ever do go to Europe I will defintely be looking you up!

Hardy Family said...

Hey guys,
The family looks great! Such handsome boys! I know Steven, Nathan, and Jacob are going to be great brothers! Can't wait to see you guys in November!
Au Revoir.......oh wait, thats French :-)
See Ya!

Anonymous said...

It was great to see pics of the blessing and Brandon and mom and dad. I am so glad that they got to be there. How neat. I love your hair too. It looks so cute! I also love Brandon's big eyes. I wish I could meet him in person. Good luck getting things back in order after all the visitors.

Kristin said...

You guys have such adorable boys! I love the family pic with you and the 4 of them! What a great looking family! We can't wait to see you guys in Nov.

Roeckers said...

Congrats Brandon you are offically recorded in Heaven! I am glad you had your grandparents there for your special day.
It must have been fun to have you have your parents around for a few days. I can't believe how big the kids are getting and how much cuter they are getting.
Hope all is well!
Love ya