Monday, July 02, 2007

Krista's B-Day and "The Eiffel Tower"



So, we are back from Paris and ready to report! :) We had a GREAT time, much of which we owe to our wonderful friends, the Steffen's who lived in Paris for a year and were wonderful tour guides. It was great to have Tawna and Krista there, although sometimes I think Krista would have preferred swimming in the hotel pool and eating Taco Bell for dinner, rather than seeing ancient architecture and experiencing French food. :()

We had a little time to celebrate Krista's birthday in the morning, so we made the best of it. She got the Hughes birthday treatment with streamers on her door when she woke up. I made a decent tasting German cake for breakfast, so we got to sing and blow out candles over breakfast. Then she opened a card from Mom and Dad, and she got an adorable jacket from Steve and I to keep her warm in France. Unfortunately it didn't fit right! I wasn't sure what size she was in German sizes. Ohhh I hate messing up on birthday presents! So that was it for the morning birthday, then we got in the car and headed to Paris.

We got their at a decent time, and checked in to the hotel. Then we headed straight to the Eiffel tower. Krista considered not going up because of, I think..... elevators and Tawna had some major fear of heights once we got to the top, but they made the sacrifice and we are happy they went up with us. It was amazing to see the tower. It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. We had crepes (said the way Sarah Allred says it) for dinner and then were ready to head home for bed.



Oh yeah, Nathan did excite the evening though by changing the color of his pants. Unfortunately Steve took two more bites of dinner before taking him to the bathroom. :) GROSS!!

4 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

I want to go! My parents still owe Kendra and I at least a plane ticket to Europe. We were the only ones who they never took, mission or not! No fair...so Kendra and I always harass my parents about it, hoping to at least get a plane ticket! It looks like fun was had by all, what an awesome experience to be living so close to such wonderful history!

Kristin said...

Wow! What fun. And Nathan is a crack up! I've been there before with Macy. We were out to dinner when she decided to do her business in a pull-up that didn't want to hold all of her business! :)

Sue said...

Thank you so much, Teresa and Steve, for making Krista's 15th birthday so special. I love the pictures of the Eiffel Tower. What a wonderful weekend! You all look like you are having a great time, is there more to come on the trip?

Emily said...

How fun!! Thanks for sharing!