Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My Hubby



With Father's Day just recently, it has been fun for me to read the blogs on some of your wonderful husbands. They seem to be doing a wonderful job as Fathers and everyone has great things to say about their "man." And as much good as is being said..... I would not trade with any of you for the world! :) But that is how it is supposed to be. Isn't it? We are all so in love with our husbands and think they are the best things out there, but we would have a hard time talking someone else in to marrying them. To me it seems like that is the plan and it is working. We SHOULD be bragging about our men and I certainly am in love with mine.

Steve and I had a bit of a rough start in marriage. We had a lot that we had to get used to in one another, and neither of us were very good at just ending the argument. We have learned so much since then. About each other, and about effective arguing. :) It has surprised me how much I have learned about myself after getting married. I have someone that is telling me things about my personality that I never realized or thought was a problem. It is a great way to learn and grow.

Steve is just the man I need in my life. He has so many qualities that have made my life what it is.
Just to name a few.....

1. I love his adventurous spirit! Who would have guessed that I would end up moving to places like Georgia, and then Germany! What a wonderful learning experience these moves have been for both of us. Steve is also one that will decide one morning that he wants to take a trip and an hour later we are in the car headed out of town. Since we have been here it has been really exciting. A few of his spur of the moment ideas were, Belgium, Prague for my birthday, and The Black Forest in Germany on a couple different occasions.

2. I love his love for our children. He really is great with the boys. He loves to play hide-and-seek(which I hate). He is great at wrestling. And we are currently learning how to teach them more respect for their Mother. So far Steve is doing a fabulous job. Although if he saw how the boys behaved sometimes when he is not home, I think he would be pretty shocked. :)

3. He is a great fixer. I already talked about this in another blog, but it really is true. Recently he decided that Tawna (my sister) needed her own computer so that she is not bored stiff after Krista leaves. So, he took a couple of hours, got all of his left over computer parts together, and built her a nice fully functional computer so that she can be on the internet when Steve and I are playing our game.
{Side note: Sorry about the look of our office. It is so hard for us to clean this room because whenever we are in here, we just want to be on the computer. :)
And...we bought a new computer chair today, so Tawna only used that baby chair for about half hour last night. Now she is much more comfortable.}
4. He is a great priesthood holder. He leads our family in the direction we want it to go so that we can be together forever. He has a great knowledge of the scriptures. And he is always willing and worthy to help others out if they are ever in need of his assistance.

5. He is a kind and loving husband. He tries to help me out with anything that I need. He makes me laugh all the time. I tell him he is making my dreams come true of having a loving home with a wonderful family.

6. He is a fabulous cook, as we all know

7. And as was mentioned last blog, he is great at singing and making up new songs. He keeps life interesting.

I love Steve so much and am so grateful that Kristin (his sister) decided that we needed to meet. I have had many happy days with Steve and I see many more years of the same in our future.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

That is a beautiful post. I'm sure it means the world to Steve and was so good for you to write it all out. Steve really is the perfect man for you and your boys. There are so many good things to say about him. I am grateful he came along for you when he did.

I was cracking up at your new office situation. That is so funny. That room really is the hang out spot. I'm sure Tawna is thrilled to have her own computer and chair!

Roeckers said...

I love the puter room pic...finally a pregger belly pic. You aren't covered by someone or something. You look so cute!

Happy belated Fathers day Steve. We love you

Olson Clan said...

Yep, Steve is a great guy! I still remember many conversations with him where he enlightened me. I agree with Chrissy, it is nice to see a prego pic, so dang cute!! Although we must remind Chrissy that we never did see one of hers.

Scott B. said...

Awesome post! Steve is a good guy!

Does the new computer shake like the old monitors?

laura said...

Love Steve. Love seeing picture of Tawna. Love seeing 3 people in one room with absolutely 0 interaction. Hope you had fun in Paris.

Olson Clan said...

Here's a silly question, in the pic of the boys in the RV, why does the ground look so far away?

Stephanie said...

loved reading more about your family- you lead a fun life! makes me want to move to germany!